MO: (updated) Epic Patch Notes - 08 Sept 2010
(Updated 14/10/10 with additional notes. New notes are in bold)
Mortal Online new build
This next patch is going to update Mortal Online to a new build of both the Unreal Engine and the network solution. This will allow us to finally solve our current critical issues we could not solve within the old build. This is an important step which had placed most of our planned feature development on hold while this build was prepared.
We have been running a separate test server in parallel to the live server in order to be able to properly test this new build before going live with it. Unfortunately, we have not been able to do this before. Thanks to a very dedicated testing team, we have ironed out the most critical bugs in the new build. We’d like to extend our thanks to the test team who helped us with this.
The feature section below lists that which has been added with the new build; a little information about each area will be explained on our website on Monday. This new build is planned to go live on Monday 11th of October. Some updates to the list may come on Monday.
------ New build FEATURES ------
• New build on both the network solution and Unreal Engine.
• Native 64 bit OS support with improved memory management.
• Direct X 10 support and general performance increase.
• Added high resolution textures on all creatures and the world of Nave.
• Overall optimization and performance increase in the world of Nave.
The majority of trees in Nave are now powered by SpeedTree SpeedTree added and runs with great performance in the world of Nave.
Flash user-interface support Flash support.
• New lightning system which gives better performance on shadows and an improved visual effect throughout the game.
• Navmesh system implemented into the build.
• Expanded server side checks and included protocols to verify legal in-game actions for players.
• A prediction and interpolation system is now in place for more precise movement.
------ ADDITIONS & CHANGES ------
- Rebalanced the crafting of armors: the materials used to make the armor now have a much greater impact on the final durability.
- All players should now correctly have their armor on when dying rather than sometimes dying naked.
- Increased the overall stamina regeneration.
AI & Mounts:
- AI will now move out of the way if they bump into another AI in order to avoid desynchronization with the server.
- All mounts have received an increase overall speed.
- The action of bandaging and feeding of pets is no longer instant, but instead done over time.
- The time to finish a bandage attempt and the amount it heals is now based on the Anatomy Skill.
- The creature control skill affects loyalty gain when using feed.
- Pets will now always defend themselves against attackers when they are defensive or aggressive.
- The courage check for pets is now only performed when pet is told to attack a target.
- Pets should now generally follow their tamers better.
- Creatures should now follow their targets in battle better.
- All creatures will now chase targets further distances.
- All creatures should now be more lively in the world.
- All creatures in dungeons should now utilize line of sight, which means that they should not be able to detect any players through any walls.
- Creatures Should now be quicker to discover other players.
- A message is now submitted to the player that successfully receives a transfered pet from another player.
- Pets should now simply be removed, rather than killed when they loose all its loyalty.
- Pets should now only follow their masters whenever they have free line of sight to them.
Art & Sound:
- South East Cantari region has got a big environmental change.
- Optimized city static torches.
- Optimized Toxai city.
- Kranesh got re-propped an optimized.
- Added an extra bank deposit NPC in every blue city for better accessibility.
- Added cloth movement ambiance in Fabernum.
- Added props in Bakti.
- Added props in Fabernum.
- Added props in Morin Khur.
- Added silver/gold/cuprum coins to all guild merchants.
- Underwater propping and fish added in most populated areas.
- Removed Campodon spawners close to the keep in the east Cantari region.
- Removed a Belbus spawner close to Fabernum.
- Molva beast spawner north of Nereb Magdulu has been moved to a more safe location.
- Gib sounds received a small amount of polish.
- Kranesh got an overhaul.
- Updated One Handed Sword: idle and right-slash as well as the shield-bash animations. More animations will be recreated later down the line.
(taking a step towards the same results we had in combat beta):
- Added support for code driven hit-feedback when a player gets hit, rather than the 3 hit animations we used to have.
- Rebuilt the corpse system, gibs falling from players and corpses, in general, should now work much better.
- Added more blood to players who loses a limb.
- Added decals and sound when a copped of limb/body hits the ground.
- Players who lose their head will now see their last 4 seconds of life from the perspective of their bouncing head, rather than from their body.
- All blocking animations are now true animations rather than code-driven.
- Boosted the amount of damage which heavier weapons inflict.
- Increased the minimum amount of time you need to draw a bow before you can release.
- Reduced the amount of stamina you lose when swinging a melee-weapon.
- Added a new special move: the overhead swing.
Housing & Guilds:
- Palisade gates no longer require upkeep.
- Everyone can now stable a pet at other players’ houses for a fee of 1 silver; the silver will be placed in the house owner’s chest.
Skills & Attributes:
- The Sprinting skill now only reduces stamina usage while sprinting.
- The foot-speed skill now adds to your maximum sprinting speed.
- Breathing Technique now adds to your overall movement speed out of combat.
- Rebuilt how much HP you regenerate when recovering from mercy-mode with the subsisting skill.
- The initial hitpoints which you have after resurrection are now calculated by spiritism.
- Rebuilt calculation on how much HP you regenerate while resting with active regeneration.
- Scaleform/Flash is now supported and we have started to use this system for the library user interface.
------ BUG FIXES ------
- Fixed an exploit with storage.
- Screen dragging is fixed.
- All players should now correctly have their armor on when dying rather then sometimes dying as naked.
AI & Mounts:
- Various bugs and performance fixes with pets and mounts have been resolved.
- Issue resolved where mounts became gray flagged each time its owner unmounted.
Art & Sound:
- Fixed the issue preventing 7.1 sound from playing (e.g Logitech G35 should function properly now).
- Fixed several graphical bugs in Fabernum.
- Fixed several stuck spots in the mountains north of Nereb Madgulu.
- All static torches which play a sound by daytime should now play at night time instead.
- Gib sounds are now correctly spatialized.
- Landing sounds are now correctly spatialized.
- Female characters should now play all sounds when fishing.
- Fixed some flying props in the eastern steppe.
- Blocking Endurance stamina bug is fixed.
Housing & Guilds:
- Buying siege weapons should now work properly once again.
- When searching for houses, the ghost house should no longer disappear when you get close to them.
- Fixed a bug where some guild war flags didn’t update at all.
- Fixed a bug where the first guild war declared didn’t get both guilds flags set correctly.
- Fixed a bug where guild war flags didn’t get updated correctly at war end.
- Fixed a bug where guild war flags didn’t get updated correctly at war start.
- Fixed a bug where territory control votes did not get properly recounted and ownership therefore did not get set.
- Fixed a bug where guild war flags got calculated incorrectly when in combat.
- Fixed the Input bug on the create guild window.
- Fixed the typos on GoldCoin SilverCoin CuprumCoin; they are now named Gold Coin, Silver Coin and Cuprum Coin.