EQ II: The TOG EverQuest II Division is now on Twitter
Today marks the official launch of The Older Gamers EverQuest II division’s presence on Twitter!
The Old Guard believes that the use of social networking outlets such as Twitter will allow us to meet many of our needs and goals. It also provides an outlet to game related information that you may normally not see along with an opportunity to interact with the development and community team of our favorite game. All of these things we believe will be beneficial to our members.
Some of the common Twitter uses are listed below. Along with them I have listed ideas on how to incorporate it into The Old Guards use of Twitter.
1) Brand Awareness: Being able to promote the guilds name (and that of TOG as a whole) to a larger audience is priceless.
2) Engagement with target audience: Twitter is yet another avenue for us to find and communicate with other EQ II players and gamers in general.
3) Mobile access: Twitter is a nice light alternative for people to access information and updates about the guild while on the move with a mobile device.
4) SEO Enhancer: Not only can we tweet about important new forum threads and in game items that will interest our members but we have the ability to go beyond. Anything new that goes up on our EQ II front page and/or Wiki (once we get these moving) can be linked and broadcast out to a wider EQ II/gaming audience.
5) Q&A: Have a question but want to avoid the official forums? Ask it on Twitter and by adding the #EQ2 tag, you are bound to get a quick answer.
These are just some of the many uses such a tool can provide to the guild as a whole and our members individually. Even while typing this up, I am coming up with new initiatives to try.
This is certainly in the experimental stages at this point, but I do think we will see positive results in the long run.
You can check out our Twitter page here on the TOG site (still undergoing revisions) by clicking here. Or you may also wish to visit our official Twitter page at http://twitter.com/TOGEQ2. Make sure to follow us if you do!