View Single Post
Old 6th August 2008, 11:04 PM   #44 (permalink)
packman74
Harmless - Post: 8

Hi all,

Started collecting classic video games back in mid 90's.

Have dozen's of various Pong units (best example is a mint in box Magnavox Odyssey), Atari 2600's / 400 / 800, ColecoVision with all the extra modules and the ADAM computer system from CBS, Intellivision I and II with most add on's, C64's, 128D, Vic 20, Plus 4, Amiga 500, CD32 (2 in box), Vectrex systems.
I have a few Dick Smith Wizzards (creativision) systems, one with the keyboard unit and tape drive.

Then 100's of games for most systems of the day plus heaps of other stuff can't even remember the details of after this many scotch's.

It's all stored in plastic large storage boxes in our garage. I keep telling my wife it's all a snapshot of gaming history that I want our kids and their kids to enjoy. (but really I just like to get them out and play them myself .

It's all pretty tricky and very time consuming to get then out as often as i'd like, so a few years back a swapped a Atari Jaguar system and some games for a Bubble Bobble upright arcade cabinet and proceeded to turn it into a MAME system. Best thing I ever did they are awesome fun.
I don't feel too bad about all the ROM I have on there as I own pretty much all of them in various forms (Cassette / Cartridge / 5.25" Disc).

I was into collecting the Game and Watch series of handhelds when it wasn't too mainstream and picked up heaps at swapmeets/flea markets for a few dollars each.
Sold/Trade them and other collectable classic handheld games on Ebay for 10 months and made enough for a deposit on our first house ($10k - of which 7.5k was thanks to classic games)

Haven't collected any or been to swapmeets since my 3yr old was born.
But still love them!

Cheers for listening to my rabbling

packman74
packman74 is offline   Reply With Quote