View Single Post
Old 21st August 2009, 01:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
Schizo
Lethal - Post: 7169

Paranoid
Question Backwards Compatibility and Save Games

Ok, I've been searching the internet trying to find a straight answer to these questions and generally coming up with a lot of confusion on my end.

I just purchased a PS3 yesterday due to the price drop. I bought the 160GB version bundled with the Uncharted game.

Now, my stand is getting a little crowded with all the hardware on it, so I was hoping I could pull my PS2 off the shelf and use the PS3 in it's place.

I know the discontinued 60GB model was the last one to offer hardware support for PS2 and PS1 games. Apparently the 160GB model I own offers support through software emulation for PS2 games, but still offers hardware support for PS1 games? I've not had a chance yet to test out my old PS2 games on the PS3 to see how well it performs. I did go through the menus and created virtual memory cards for both PS2 and PS1 games. However, this brings me to my next question.

How can I import my saved games from my memory cards for the PS1 and PS2 over to the PS3? I've read about a cable that supposedly plugs into the USB port that would be able to copy the files, but I'm not sure if that would work with my model of PS3 or not. Also, I would need to know how this device would recognize the save files and use them properly. Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance

Check out my TOG Retro Gaming Blog!
psn: Crazy_Schizo xbl: LunaticSchizo
Schizo is offline   Reply With Quote