League of Legends
Fast paced, Auto-attack with abilities
: Voluntary - but I doubt you'd have time to do it and your team would have kittens if you did.
Level based and Skill based
Very stable, can be played even with high ping - not sure about server location, but I average around 200ms.
League of Legends is a competitive online game set in a fantasy world. You, take the role of a summoner, calling forth and controlling a champion in 5v5 PVP battles. League of Legends combines the best elements of session-based games with persistent elements of MMORPG's and RTS. You gain experience to level as a summoner, and points that allow you to purchase new champions.
- Wide variety of champions
- You can buy champions using points earned from playing games, or you can purchase game points via PayPal, game cards etc
- Content is added on a regular basis.
- Patches are frequent and any issues are quickly fixed.
- 10 free champions available, and they are rotated every 2 weeks or so.
- The losing team can surrender after 25mins of gameplay.
- Some people tend to be very harsh in dealing with newbies.
- Experience and points are very hard to come by - average about 150 per game, and each game takes about 1hr.
- Only one arena to fight in.
- pre-made groups are a must if you want to win more often than lose.
Very addictive and extremely enjoyable if played with friends.
500MB for the main installer, plus another 500MB or so in updates.