View Single Post
Old 31st January 2010, 09:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
Imfir
Elite - Post: 2667

Well you can switch to DPS gear yes, but unless you do your talents for a DPS build, your not going to be that great a DPS, but still better if just a full healer talents.
Iím not lvl 30 yet so I still can not wear plate, but I have looked what stats I gain, as a DPSíer, I would most likely be all plate there was one item tho that gave better stats that was leather, (for DPS purpose), but as a full Healer, I will almost be 50/50 cloth and Leather, which brings my Armor way down. I mean some of the plate would still help the healer side, but 1 point or 2 in some Attributes really does make a difference on heals. even as a Full healer I could see the Chest piece always being Plate, but then again there are some items out there available I just have not seen yet.
The Healer is probably the most Versatile class out there, but not the greatest at anyone thing, except single target heals, but from what I read, this does not start to show till after lvl 30. For Group heals the Paladin is the winner there, for Group HoTís the Warden, Hands down owns that department.
Also the Paladin is the only class that resurrect others while in Battle, any other class that has a rez has to do it out of battle. The Summoner has better heals then the Healer, but like I said after lvl 30, the Healer starts to become the better healer, and are not so squishy.
I have never looked into the Summoners Talent tree, so not sure if you could build a healing Summoner or not. But the Paladin can be built into a secondary healer.
Speaking of Guild, I started one on the server I play on ďNezebĒ (A.K.A. Server 2) Just to see what it is like in a guild.
The nice thing about being in a guild is it is easier to communicate with friends, and get help.
I think Allods is very, and I mean very much party orientated, many things are soloable, Yes, but many things you need a party to make life easy, also like the Astral Battles (Ship vs Ship) you need a full party to do, it takes a full party just to fly the ship.
There are still a few more days left of CBT#4, after that I will have time to fill any thing more I learned about Allods

==============
yeah unless your an Altaohlic, it would be best to wait for open Beta, but I heard that in the EU version, they will wipe after OB, where the NA Version, they are wiping after CBT. If that is true about the EU servers, then it may be best to wait till it went live after OB
AoC - Daxaat , Chanaakat, Xaatbear
Anarcy Online - about 4 dozen characters
Taking a Break -
D&DO , LotRo

Imfir is offline   Reply With Quote