View Single Post
Old 5th March 2010, 08:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
Imfir
Elite - Post: 2667

I should go back and read some, and give you a better description of what FoD does.

It is a death penalty, you are debuffed for a certain amount of time, Perfume makes you immune to the Death penalty, FoD stacks up to 3 times. meaning you will be debuff more each time. the time that your are under FoD depends on your level, and it starts once you reached level 15.
You do not need to use Perfume, you can also use something else (The name escapes me) it starts with the letter “M”, it is also the same thing that can be used to bribe your time to get out of purgatory sooner. This “M” stuff can easily be bought from the NPC at the Portal you spawn at after you leave Purgatory, it was said for a lvl 40 it is the cost of around 4g or just a lil over 4g to use the “M” stuff each time.
Perfume is just an immunity to FoD and adds HP and MP/Energy, A very nice little increase yes. Necessary, no. Unless your hardcore PvP.
The Game is not PvP, but for some quest it is needed to do to complete all quests. The fact is any game that has PvP ,and PvE in it, is not one sided at all, it is the community that makes the game more PvP then PvE, or the other way around.
There is a daily quest that you can get one perfume a day from. Perfume gives you a 30 minute immunity and health increase.
You want to play a game without any worries of FoD, then buy Perfume. And it is only the Hardcore PvP’ers that will need to keep a supply of perfume, the casual player not so . if you start doing your daily quest once it comes available you should be fine, and like I mentioned you can use that “M” stuff just as well.
FoD really does not effect the causal player, nor a hard core PvE’er. I am sure there can be moments tho that it will, but they are just that , moments.

As for the parts in Discussion about after a certain level, that actually reflects PvP’ers only. And like I said, not really necessary, it just makes gaming easier or more of a comfy feeling that you have it. Call it a security blanket that would be needed more at later lvls
AoC - Daxaat , Chanaakat, Xaatbear
Anarcy Online - about 4 dozen characters
Taking a Break -
D&DO , LotRo

Imfir is offline   Reply With Quote