Good luck, A_1.
I've just been through this job (but without the HDD swapouts) only yesterday.
Bought a new slim PS3 so the kids can play on "the big TV" during the day, but I can still have the option to play either on "the Big TV" or in my office area when mummy's watching TV on "the big TV".
Big TV gets new slimline, My office has original 60GB, everyone has their same profiles, everyone is happy.
Unless you play Little Big Planet. (Which I know you don't, A_1 (I checked
), so you're OK)
Which is a Little Big Problem in my house, because all my kids have customised sackpersons, etc.
Official Sony Site
has this to say:
Limitations of the data transfer utility (as of 10 December 10 2009)
Some types of data cannot be transferred using the data transfer utility, and some types of data can be transferred but not played on the destination PS3 system.
For the latest information, visit the support site for the data transfer utility. The following types of data are not transferrable:
* Official PlayStation Magazine
- Video content that has been downloaded as a rental from PlayStation Store (file type: MNV).
- Tracks (including SongPacks) for SingStar software that have been saved on the PS3 system’s hard disk.
- Game data from LittleBigPlanet.
- Copyright-protected video files (file type: MGV).
- Video files that are compatible with the DivX® VOD (Video On Demand) service.
- The following PlayStation 2 format software titles, if they are installed on the PS3 system's hard disk: [FINAL FANTASY XI] and [Expansion Discs]; [SOCOM II: U.S. NAVY SEALs] and [Related discs included with OPM* Issue 87, OPM* Issue 88, OPM* Issue 89, OPM* Issue 90].
For the following data types, you must perform some additional steps after completing the data transfer to be able to use the data:
Download and install the Life with PlayStation® application on the destination PS3 system. You can continue using your contribution points for the PlayStation Network ranking system of the Folding@home™ channel.
- Application data for Life with PlayStation®
When you start the game for the first time after the data transfer operation, an error message will be displayed and you will not be able to play the game. To play the game, download and install the game again.
The saved game will not be recognised when you start the game for the first time after the data transfer operation. To use the saved data, quit the game, and then start the game again.
- Saved data for Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters: The Video Game