Thread: Infinity
View Single Post
Old 22nd April 2010, 12:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Reoh
Spammer - Post: 25461

Amused
Default Infinity

I was just poking around and stumbled over yet another space mmorpg that is in the works. I'm a little surprised, it sounds really great and is looking stunning. Has anyone else checked out Infinity?

Quote:
Infinity employs an open-ended world design, in which a player can control everything from a small shuttle to massive military dreadnaught, a single mining operation to an entire vast corporate empire, all without having to change characters. A completely player-skill based game design, Infinity sheds the need for character classes and skills by embracing self-balance over arbitrary limitation, allowing players to choose their own path to make their name across the galaxy.
Looks to be a massive scale project by a small indie team, with community contributions and already features a combat prototype that players can help test the game out while having a bit of fun. Objects aren't static, the orbit everything and one another with millions of systems for players to explore.

You can fly from space right down to the planets, go anywhere you can see. Its a massive procedurally generated universe. Frankly I'm amazed at what they've achieved so far.

Oh and there's some interviews about too.

LINK - LINK - SCREENSHOTS

[edit]
Found some pre-alpha footage of the combat engine prototype test engine. This is not the fully functional game, but gives you an idea of gameplay in action for combat.

We need you, Citizen!

Last edited by Reoh; 22nd April 2010 at 12:56 AM.
Reoh is offline   Reply With Quote