View Single Post
Old 7th November 2011, 05:16 AM   #54 (permalink)
Sp!at
Elite - Post: 3916

Doh

We just had our three rounds. Was a lot of fun.

ROUND 1:
Started off with Sarianna getting boxed in to a corner of the arena but targeting any bridging dirt so it was a matter of rush in and rush out. In the end I jumped across to the island and there was a flurry of digging in a confined space and Sarianna was the first one in the pool.

Splat and the forces of good: 1
Sarianna representing the evil empire: 0

ROUND 2:
After the first round win I thought I would follow the same tactics again. This time after closing the gap Sarianna must have targeted the blocks behind me because I thought I was retreating onto safe ground - but no, the blocks were gone and I was the one who got wet that time.

Sarianna representing the evil empire: 1

ROUND 3:
I was now worried about how strategically Sarianna had removed my retreat blocks in round 2 so in the third round I played much more cautiously. This round raged across the breadth of the map with neither of us getting within 3 blocks at any point. When a checker pattern would emerge the game would shift to more stable ground. Sarianna is a level 16 Target-The-Block-You-Are-Moving-To-Spleefer while I'm a level 12 Jump-Around-Like-An-Idiot-Spleefer and as we all know a Target-The-Block-Spleefer will usually win over a Jump-Around-Spleefer. Sure enough, I ran in one too many times and the block I jumped onto was gone before I knew it.

Sarianna representing the evil empire: 2

Was a lot of fun. Well done Sarianna.