View Single Post
Old 27th January 2012, 12:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Obsi
Elite - Post: 4025

Cheeky
Default The Kelly Gang Shootout

We had an event, to celebrate Australia day, where players split up into 2 teams, "The Law" and "The Kelly Gang"... they had to build a fortress and defend their flag from the opposing team.

I found a cool map with 2 NPC villages next to eachother, so that became the battle ground - with a couple of train stations added and a bunker to start from, and some general clearing up and walling off the villages.

The Kelly Gang gets a lot built in a small amount of time

The law obviously had a lot of doughnut consuming to do before building.... but they got there in the end

While both teams had lava nearby (one natural, one I made), only the Kelly Gang used it.

The Law went for a jumping puzzle/maze type fortress

The Kelly Gang employed a dastardly water trap to slow those breeching their base

And the winner was the Kelly Gang - with HenriDeacon making it through unnoticed into The Law's fortress... and after a little assistance (someone thieved the redstone torch from the chimney) the flag was destroyed - HURRAH!

Then we discovered there was a stronghold nearby so we went to kill the dragon and generally muck about.

... and finally.... it was decided that the Kelly Gang flag needed to go too.

(unfortunately I thought I was filming some cool bits of battle, but I didn't so that's a shame)

video of the area:

Last edited by Obsi; 27th January 2012 at 09:19 AM.
Obsi is offline   Reply With Quote