View Single Post
Old 15th July 2012, 06:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Sorontar
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9246

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenriDeacon View Post
Verticle slabs - Used for crafting thinner walls and better defined statues
People have been asking for this for a while, especially since Better Than Wolves was released. Unfortunately, Jens and Markus both said no, due to the logistics of adding it.

Quote:
Half wool slabs and wool stairs - The colors of wool are great but we are still limited to using full blocks.
Certainly doable. It would add to Creative mode, but it would become less of a blocky game. then people would ask for diagonals, so I doubt this will happen.
Quote:
A soccer ball - Imagine the fun of running around, having a kick with your Minecraft friends.
Anything that bounces whilst maintaining a horizontal trajectory would be good.
Quote:
Spear - a melee weapon which can also be thrown. My 6 year old suggested this one.
Doable. It would be like the arrows, with the drawback time being how far back you take your arm.
Quote:
Catapult pistons - to throw a block into the air or push it along the ground, and have 4 different settings for the distance.
Jens has already said no to this. It is not the style of piston they wanted, even though the piston mod they based the vanilla pistons on did this.
Quote:
Switching rail - to easily change between tracks. Really can't believe this isn't a current feature.
The game has this. Where tracks intersect, you just run a redstone switch.
Quote:
Large signs - which can be read from further away, rather than standing a few feet away from them.
I want signs to merge if placed next to each other. This allows ascii artwork to be designed, like world maps, menuboards.
Quote:
Horses - for transport, better scenarios, tinned meat
Yes, this might yet be added. Jens has suggested that it might be on the long term plans. Unfortunately, there are higher priorities and he would have to work out how to limit its capabilities.

Sorontar

Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote