View Single Post
Old 16th July 2012, 12:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Sorontar
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowzers View Post
In 1.4 I would like to see:
Terrain
One new stone type such a marble (white with light grey veins) which appears more rarely than normal stone, just so that digging underground isn't so boring and people don't have to use wool when making Greek-style buildings. It would also be interesting if a gem such as emeralds appeared more frequently in the new stone type.
On Sanctuary in my "sandcastle" I used endstone as marble. Not ideal, but it did the job. As to the emerald, it will be mineable in MC 1.3, but it will also be accessible by trading with villagers.

Quote:
Villages
I'd like to see villages refined to be less derpy and more useful (ie make it less likely for them to appear over huge holes or water, or in ways that bury/strand half the houses and make the villagers less likely to vanish randomly just when your village is getting interesting). I would like it to be a valid form of gameplay to adopt a village and pimp it out, and to get some benefit from doing that.
There will be new sandstone villages in MC 1.3, but they look like they will be the same design as the current villages. While there is no score for "improving" villages, I have seen mods that boost some constructions/locations based on how much gold/diamond is placed in the area. Also, the larger the village, the more villagers and golems there will be. The more villagers, the more trading you can do.

Quote:
Randomness
I like randomness in games - the chests in the tunnels and the new buildings are fun to expore, but I'd like there to be a risk/reward balance for opening these chests.
The problem is always how to measure the reward. While some resources and items are rare, not all players actually want them, e.g. saddles.

Quote:
I haven't really thought all that much about the future of vanilla Minecraft, as I've been writing ideas for a new 'flavour' of Minecraft in my head (it's a wee bit too complicated for a mod I think). It's sci-fi, but the main focus isn't on the theme, but rather providing a challenging multiplayer environment
It sounds like you are designing an Adventure mod. That might fit in well with some of the Space adventures already designed.

Sorontar

Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote