View Single Post
Old 24th July 2012, 12:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Squad Leader
Veilo
Squad Leader
DayZ Face First Leader
Deadly - Post: 1234

I am really curious what will happen on wed 25th i am betting his twitter around tuesday will say "omg so excited to be going to this gaming convention in tasmania, going to be busy time, back in two weeks, btw next update is comming really soon" basically guy is a 10/10 troll. - every time in the past he posted ANY date for anything he missed it every time.

Still, intersting patch notes. A few weeks ago I narrated a cool bro story about a friend of mine who mentioned some sort of voice livefeed of one of the devs mentioning a mechanism for tracking logoffski! Intersting that it turned out to be true. From what I recall of that particular tidbit of info: the logoffski tracking will add a +1 to your counter in the database against your guid - and then they will just crack down on certain top % of the "high scorers" of this counter.

If the details of the system are like that live feed said - I think that's a really bad system - doesn't scale at all, requires manual intervention, even 1 log off is still bad - not just the top perpetrators, relies on people knowing about this system so won't stop two 1st time players having a bad experience (or even catch/punish the logoffski) etc. plus hard to say how it will handle people with bad connections.

Still, maybe the actual mechanic will be different - maybe they will use it as a basis for a bigger/better system?

edit: just read this from rockets post on the first page : "The mechanics are being tested, but it will put a "timeout" if you successfully connect too many times within a period of time."

Last edited by Veilo; 24th July 2012 at 01:26 PM.
Veilo is offline   Reply With Quote