View Single Post
Old 30th July 2012, 05:24 PM   #25 (permalink)
Squad Leader
Veilo
Squad Leader
DayZ Face First Leader
Deadly - Post: 1234

I seen that solution posted previously somewhere (reddit/dayzmod?) and I think that is exactly the same as setting object detail to very low.

This still doesn't really fix the issue (although it can somewhat help) because the soldier textures still eventually have to load and when they do their parameters are still messed up.

Imagine you have a description of a rectangle -
length of each side:
a=5cm
b=10cm
c = side a
d = LET ME TELL ME SING YOU THE SONG OF MY PEOPLE

your graphic card isn't supposed to question the data so when any of the object parameters are messed up it will do its best to draw it no matter what it is.

You reduce object detail or point your camera away - the main object properties are still stuffed and the moment your graphics card is supposed to draw even 1 pixel of that graphic - instead of picking up "well, the object is 2meters long so at 300 meters distance, with the object detail on low, that will be only a few pixels"

instead it reads "ok lets draw this bad boy, 300meters distance, lowest settings, lets check the size ...i see : this corpse has a thing poking out that's bigger than the entire map!?"

Also, re the flush - i think that might be disabled in DayZ. Even if it isn't - it is the same as toggling your vsync on/off - it refreshes all your caches/memory/etc - whole graphics thing gets refreshed - and this only lasts a few minutes usually at best, sometimes less.
Veilo is offline   Reply With Quote