View Single Post
Old 2nd August 2012, 07:24 PM   #19 (permalink)
maddog2204
And I don't have the excuse of Rabies
Ace - Post: 9855 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Fine

Set Video Memory to "Default".

This will utilize the entire vid card memory. Very High only goes up to 512Mb.

Other settings with "High" and above, will utilise the Video card memory. Below this setting, the processing is transferred to the CPU rather than utilizing the video card.

Hence why you will see an increase in performance at times when you change from lower settings to the higher settings. Just play around with them to see which ones make the most difference.

Arma 2 is very taxing on any system. This game runs just fine at 15-20 FPS and above. My games runs at around 30 FPS with most settings at "Very High" + 3000m viewing distance. The viewing distance can have a huge impact on FPS, so play around with that also. You probably don't need to have it set to more than 1500m. But I did read somewhere that the viewing distance function is actually disabled in the DayZ mod to put everyone on an even playing field. Don't know how true this is though.

When recording with FRAPS (which I do all the time), my frame rate drops to 20 FPS, and I experience no issues with input lag what so ever or game performance. The game runs just fine.

Sig created by Juganort

Last edited by maddog2204; 2nd August 2012 at 07:32 PM.
maddog2204 is offline   Reply With Quote