Minecraft 0.3.3 update for the Pocket edition is available through App Store and and Google Play.
Main features (http://www.mojang.com/2012/08/minecraft-pocket-edition-update-0-3-3/):
- Added skeletons and spiders.
- Added bow and arrow.
- Added bone meal and flint.
- Mobs can drop items.
- Torches can now be placed on fences
- Removed fire (except on mobs in sunlight), only tested for newly started maps.
- Stairs now block light.
- You can no longer get unlimited diamonds, gold and iron by breaking apart blocks of them and building together as a new block.
- Swords now take damage from hitting mobs.
- Golden tools are no longer tougher than wooden tools.
- Users can no longer place sugar cane in water.