Thread: [DONE] New application
View Single Post
Old 1st December 2012, 09:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
ithildin
Harmless - Post: 13

Relaxed
Default New application

Hi everyone, I'm a 34 year old incurable gamer. My first gaming experience was on a friend's Atari 2600 with the likes of Pong and Empire Strikes Back and after that I was hooked. As a teenager, I devoured anything ZX Spectrum, played on dozens of consoles, annoyed all my friends that had Amstrad or IBM PCs and pushed the edge of what was possible to run on a IBM PS2 8086 4.7 MHz (e.g. Dune 2 played like a 1-2 fps slideshow but I still finished it!).
These days I have dozens of games and hardware but little time to play them so I'm keen for a quality experience. I have a PS3 and a gaming PC but I tend to use the console less and less. I really enjoy playing multiplayer games like Guild Wars 2, Battlefield 3 and Planetside 2 with friends but my recent move to the US West Coast left me with 8 hours timezone difference from my usual gaming buddies. I'm looking for a mature gaming community to hang out with and have fun, one that enjoys organized gameplay but understands the demands of real life (jobs, kids, etc). It looks like TOG is the right ticket so here I am!
ithildin is offline   Reply With Quote