The Ranged Outlander
I'm running my Outlander up through the levels. Here are some pointers that I'm finding helpful.
Just a few things that I've stumbled upon that help me.
Use Ranged Weapons instead of melee. SKILLS:
Get Knockback on your ranged weapons if you can.
- It helps mitigate the damage you take.
Get Rapid Fire ASAP.
- It helps keep MOBs at range and helps lessen the melee damage you take.
Get +Mana Regen & +Health Regen on your gear.
- This is your bread and butter skill for ranged weapons. I use it constantly.
- It does cost mana, which leads me to my next point.
- I'm a lazy player and like to take as few potions as possible.
Try to determine what kind of build you want early on, and concentrate sinking points where needed.
Rapid Fire - my mana skill of choice.
Long Range Mastery - increases damage and range.
Glaive Throw - well ... newbie snafu, I never use it.
Dodge Mastery - always enabled, increases dodge chance.
Poison Burst - always enabled, gives poison damage on MOBs and a chance to explode when they die.
Share the Wealth - shares your Charge benefits with pet, and gives you some extra benefits as well. Pet has to be within 16 meters of character.
My skills so far, centered around ranged weapons. Click pic to enlarge
Although higher character levels can gain access to higher level gear, TL2 also allows stats as an alternative to unlocking gear. So let's talk about stats.
- Dexterity is paramount in being able to use bows and crossbows.
- Vitality helps you get some armor pieces.
- Strength can also help unlock ranged cannons (Str, Dex, Vit needed on my current one).
- Focus increases mana points and adds to magic damage. I have not found it a key to unlocking my choice of gear.
Here is a screenie of my current stats.
- I don't find my choices here as vital as skills.
- I often save my points until I find some piece of gear that using points here/there will help me unlock.
- I rarely feed my pet, although I know it has benefits. I just like seeing the cat. But if you want to maximize potential, feeding is recommended.
- Send your pet to town to unload gear you don't want, and to buy you goodies you need.
- My pet is very useful when I'm in single play mode. Knockback can sometimes cause a stray MOB or two, and the pet usually takes care of them if I can't target them quickly enough.