View Single Post
Old 21st January 2013, 12:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
Pinkeh
Elite - Post: 3049

Amused

Its very buggy, and the server is not handling the load so the game is incredibly laggy most of the time.

The game itself is a shadow of its previous title and i'm not sure i enjoy the WoW combat style.

They've simplified every class in the game and the priest / healer type role is incredibly boring and unsatisfying.

The original Ragnarok healer was versatile in both attributes and playstyle. I had a TU (Turn Undead) high priest that relied on stats to kill monstrous undead no other class can deal with efficiently. It was almost my "playground" because only TU high priests could protect allies/survive in heavy undead/demonic areas. A TU priest hybrids as jack-of-all-trades because we have just as much direct-healing as offensive capabilities. The things we let go were Sanctuary (AoE heal), and some party buffs/debuffs. We still had Magnus Exorcismus which was a powerful undead/demon anti-field.

The healing in this game, and the healer archtype is so rigid and dull.
We rely purely on others for survival and our only role is support.

The buffs are a huge downgrade from the original. No more random player support as all buffs are party/raid only. Such a sad turn of events. Makes you wonder if anyone on their design team played the original RO at its peak. There used to be a time when acolytes/priests hang out at the entrance of Payon Cave to help out newbies or even further down in Level 4 Pyramids/Sphinx helping the higher level players. The priests can solo that area but every other class consumes a ton of potions to stay ahead of the undead. A priest shows up and everything goes smoother!

No more monsters stealing your loot. That is really sad Fighting off dozens of porings and thief bugs, whilst frustrating, was also bloody entertaining!

GMT+10:00 (Sydney) See my game projects.
Star Citizen: DRAKE Cutlass (Salvage/Pirate!),
Aegis Dynamics Retaliator (Bomber)

Last edited by Pinkeh; 21st January 2013 at 01:23 PM.
Pinkeh is offline   Reply With Quote