View Single Post
Old 29th January 2013, 02:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
Advisor
SemiproCharlie
Advisor
Lethal - Post: 6721

Necro'ing an old thread...

So I am considering subscribing to Playstation Plus but just wanted to understand a few last things. $70 for the year isn't a whole lot of money, but I do like to get value for my hard earned dollars.

Firstly, games that you can download for free - can you play them for as long as you are a subscriber, even after they are no longer offered as free? For example, I understand that Deus Ex was offered for free a while back, but is no longer. Can those people who downloaded it at the time still play it?

I understand that if I join now I won't have free access to that game, and I understand that if someone who did download it for free is no longer a subscriber then they lose their access. I'm just trying to figure out if I have to play these free games on Sony's schedule, or can I take my time once I have downloaded something?

Next - I understand that as of yesterday there is a deal where you buy 12 months of access and you actually get 15 months worth of access. I can't seem to find any mention of that on the Australian store - is that just a US thing? Anyone heard of any deals coming to Australia any time soon?

Finally (for now), is there a better/cheaper way to buy it other than via the online store for AU$70 per year?

Thanks in advance!
SemiproCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote