View Single Post
Old 5th February 2013, 01:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dawthus
Mostly Harmless - Post: 69

Lurking
Default Application for membership

Hmmm where to begin, I guess the suggested question + answers.

What games are you currently play/looking to play with TOG?
Guildwars 2, Planetside 2 (If I can figure out how to not be cannon fodder), WoW (on the off chance I deside to resub as it just lapsed and haven't picked up Panda).

What was the first machine you played games on or pen and paper game you played?
Does 'guess the number' on a FORTRAN machine count? First 'game' machine was a C-64 (with the tape drive, Raid Over Moscow ), and book and dice'd in w/ the original Dungeons and Dragons red box (still have it!).

Why do you want to join TOG?
I'm not a twerp kid, nor do I have this mystical ability to play stupidly long hours as other 'guilds' I've tried to play with where 'after school' runs or 10+ hr mid week epics were increasingly expected... I know people outside of this 24' monitor, have responsibility and do shift work, and hope to find a gathering here that is likely minded to the outside world also taking part in my life and can deal with a me having odd 'availability' due to shift work and other addictions (I ride a motorcycle, the wife calls it my mistress for a reason).

Tell us about yourself or anything else you'd like to share.

I'm a mid 30's (though I still get ID'd when I shave... beard it is), 1/2 deaf (aka mono input) gamer, that has been placing butt in front of a monitor since the 80's. Used to be more 'hardcore' but last couple years I have shifted to far more casual 'for fun and light social' reasons to game.

What I'm looking for in TOG?

People to play with that are in that similar 'I work / have a family' frame of life, have a sense of humour and humility to it all.

Dawthus,
aka Ecyr Nadrid (GW2 - Yak's Bend - 80 'I flail at things' Necro)

Flying, Driving, running... and crashing/stalling/dieing, all in a days work.
Dawthus is offline   Reply With Quote