View Single Post
Old 16th March 2013, 02:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Sorontar
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9122

Default Mindcrack server back in v7 for the weekend at least

We have finished for now all the testing we need on the Mindcrack server. I am about to restart the server, keeping it in version 7, so you won't need to change your client yet. However, in anticipation of the move to version 8.2, there are a few things you should note.
  • Mystcraft Link books: Only those that been placed through a link modifier will work properly in v8.2. It does not matter whether they are used by hand, on a stand or as part of a portal. While this modification can be done in v8.2, I imagine it will be a lot easier if you can use link books to get to distant locations, and then take any books there back to spawn for modifying. If you need help, read http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/...al-system.html or ask other players. It is pretty simple. Alternatively, you can go and record all the coordinates that all of your link books lead to.
  • Minimap waypoints: Likewise, v8.2 has replaced Rei's minimap with the VoxelMap. This means that you will lose your present waypoints. While we don't mind players continuing to use Rei's minimap (it is an approved client mod - TOG Minecraft Server Code of Conduct), players might want to record the locations of the waypoints before the update.
  • Future changes: The MC 1.5 introduces many changes to vanilla Minecraft. The mods in Mindcrack are continually changing. Don't expect things to remain the same. You may find that not everything works the same as it used to. I'm afraid that is the nature of the game. Some things will be harder to use. Others easier. Others might have been removed, but there will always be new stuff.
  • Exploding and burning machines: Working with machinery is dangerous. In Mindcrack v8.2, this is increased by the possibility of your engines and wires burning or exploding. The config file for GregTech includes the following:
  • Quote:
    machines {
    B:constant_need_of_energy=true
    B:explosions_on_nonwrenching=true
    B:fire_causes_explosions=true
    B:lightning_causes_explosions=false
    B:machines_flammable=true
    B:rain_causes_explosions=false
    B: wirefire_on_explosion=true
    }
  • Note that we have set two of those to false. I am warning you of the rest because life with engines in Mindrack is never easy. You have to know what you are doing. Otherwise, the consequences are explosive. Think well about how you design your mechanical apparatus. If you put it all together and get it wrong, you could lose it all. If you want to change things, I recommend you do it in v7. We are not sure about the setting "constant_need_of_energy" but that is one that can be adjusted as we go.
  • Nether warning: Nothing to change here, but a warning. In v8.2, when NetherOres are mined, pigmen become angry and there is a chance of an explosion.
The plan is still to update on Monday night. However, there are still a few points under discussion amongst the admin team so this may have to be extended to later in the week. We'll get back to you on this.

Enjoy Mindcrack v7 and get ready for v8.2.

Sorontar

Last edited by Sorontar; 16th March 2013 at 03:02 AM. Reason: late night speling
Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote