Thread: Frontier
View Single Post
Old 14th September 2013, 05:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
Irimar
Division Captain
Minecraft
Elite - Post: 2662

Grumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorontar View Post
I believe that a lot of Frontier still hasn't been explored from when I expanded the border earlier this year. There is lots of unmapped space to explore and build on. Given the huge generation changes coming in 1.7 with lots of new biomes etc, it might be best to wait till then for any vanilla world regeneration.
This is a fair point, but I wonder how long we will have to wait for 1.7 and then Bukkit. As it stands, there are worldgen elements missing from Frontier that were added in 1.5. When it comes down to it, I'd like to hear from the people who log in to Frontier regularly about whether to do a world regen or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorontar View Post
On another point, if Frontier has horses now, maybe the PvP Wild West Region can be refashioned with proper stables and new challenges/gameplay (but I suggest leaving the old "horses" for archival evidence - make them memorial statues).

Sorontar
I have considered this. I have also considered turning off PvP on Frontier and generating a small world with the PvP flag turned on similar to the way Sanctuary is hooked to Frontier. This would allow for inventories to be segregated between the PvP and non-PvP worlds. The current Wild West village could be moved to the new world without too much fuss.
Irimar is offline   Reply With Quote