Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > The Barracks

The Barracks Potential new members need to post here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th September 2007, 02:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 91

Default Greetings

I do not think I ever posted way back when I first came and registered here. I fell away from online gaming for a bit, and have recently come back to check out a few games so I thought I would visit here again.

I am 33, with 34 coming in a month. The AUP & FAQ and the Guidelines have been read and nothing surprised me...so, it should not be hard at all to stay within the bounds of the local lawman.

I am in Eastern Daylight Time at the moment, and in the winter will fall back to Eastern Standard Time. (I put the notation in my profile and in my signature with links for help with conversion to other zones. I love that site for this by the way. Whenever I schedule online meetings with folks I link to that site to allow for easy conversion.)

I am a casual gamer, mostly weekends and some weeknights...especially during the colder weather. Once it gets warm I try to regain my youth by running about...preferably throwing and hitting softballs... Throughout the year I tend to be an early riser...so sometimes (not all the time mind you) I find myself getting my weekend time in at 7am on a Saturday.

In any event, I have some interest in Rappelz. (I touched it a bit under Epic III but without a core of people to group with the adolescent yapping was maddening.) I also have some interest in Shadowbane. I just downloaded this one to check it out as it seems interesting, but highly dependent on a guild. (Fantasy settings are a love of mine...I grew up playing D&D. But, I do check out other settings from time to time.)

I saw a post concerning Rappelz. If any TOG guild in Rappelz, Shadowbane, or similar game (I surely have not looked at them all) are interested in assimilating me, please feel free to let me know.

Later.
QueensKnight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 9th September 2007, 09:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Quietly from behind
All Knowing - Post: 16313 TOG Bronze Level Supporter

Sneaky

Seems to me your still a member from sept 2004 so i doubt if you need to be re-toggerized. Welcome back from the past .

The Omen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2007, 07:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Guru - Post: 12265

Welcome back! Seems you weren't actually processed with the big stick last time, so it's been taken care of this time!

Welcome to TOG, your application has been reviewed and approved.

You will now have full access to all parts of the tog website including:
  • All tog member only forums
  • All member only areas of the website
Your membership also includes access to various tog only servers, get-together, events, and other exclusives for this 25 and over only organization.

Undoubtedly you want to get started and the best place to start is to visit the main forum for the game in which you are interested, have a read of the sticky posts and other threads that catch your attention.

Make sure you introduce yourself and ask any further questions you may have. tog members are very helpful so don't be shy....ask away

The social heart of tog can be found in "the lounge room". there are lively discussions on many subjects as well as information on real life get togethers. If you want to know the other tog members across the whole of tog visit the lounge room.

Got a technical problem?

Visit tog's very own laboratory forum & see the cage full of helpful geeks. Not only can they assist in your troubleshooting, but they also like to help with upgrade & new computer advice.
DISCLAIMER: use the geeks' advice at your own risk. they are just tog members like you & may not be fully qualified computer technicians

OH NO! I've signed up with the lamest nick name on the internet!

No worries. Our fully trained forum administrators can help. Simply post your request for a name change in 'the desk' forum & the admins will leap into action & change it for you.

There's also plenty of other cool stuff on TOG, so browse around & check it all out.

Currently tog consists of over 25 game divisions and has over 16,000 registered members.

We sincerely hope that you enjoy tog for as long as you choose too. Feel free to spread the message to your friends and family who enjoy gaming and don't forget to have fun yourself!

All the best!

The Older Gamers!
Spectre8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2007, 09:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 91

Thank you.

Now to check out my new powers!

Is this how I level up around here?

Later.
QueensKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 01:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Retired Journalist
Retired Advisor
Retired Journalist
Retired Advisor
Elite - Post: 3869

Devilish

Hi QueensKnight, I posted in one of your threads about our small Rappelz guild we have. Currently it only has 4 members, but if I see you online then I am more then happy to throw a ginvite your way. Please PM me your character name. BTW we are playing on the Salamander server
Wiz_74 is offline   Reply With Quote