Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > The Barracks

The Barracks Potential new members need to post here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 7th October 2012, 02:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 4

Default Application to join - GW2

Hi all,

I was just told about your guild by a friend of mine (character = 'Orange Jus' in GW2) and it seems to me that you guys are what I've been looking for.

I guess most gamers would say I play games casually. I get a huge kick out of playing MMOs, though I generally average maybe 6 hours per week, and I have never hit a level cap. I am currently getting into Guild Wars 2 and finding it a lot of fun.

I first got into gaming by playing D&D. My first computer games were on an Atari 2600 - later on I had an Atari 800 XL and I taught myself to program in BASIC by typing in those long programs that you could find in magazines (typing it in line-by-line... I remember the frustration diminished slightly when they learned to include hash-tags for each line in the listing...). When I was at university a friend told me about Legends of Kesmai and I became an instant fan of MMOs. From Kesmai I went to EverQuest, Asheron's Call, WOW... now after a long break I am getting into GW2.

When I was playing WOW I was in a guild with a few friends of mine who were all based in Seattle. It was always fun to chat in the guild chat channel during play, but the timezone difference made this tricky (I live in NZ). I remember one time someone figured out that just over half of us in the guild had PhDs. Later I tried different guilds in my own time zone, but those other kids would spend their time whining about what it's like to work at McDonalds or how their mum kept trying to get them to cut down on their computer time. For crying out loud. So you see, this has been my issue - trying to find a like-minded group of peers who are (a) mature, and (b) not necessarily full of power-gamers who I simply cannot keep up with due to real world issues (I have kids, a job, and sometimes I simply have other better things to do than go online 16 hours per day!)

I'm looking forward to meeting a bunch of you in-game. In Guild Wars 2 I am either Bloodbinder, Seltzer Codswallop, Rubric Wormwood, or Set Square - and I play on the Tarnished Coast server.

Thanks, cheers!
Bloodbinder

Last edited by Willow; 8th October 2012 at 06:53 PM.
bloodbinder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 7th October 2012, 06:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Division Captain
Guild Wars 2
Deadly - Post: 1721 TOG Silver Level Supporter

Cheerful

Hello bloodbinder

A moderator will be along soon to review your application. Once it has been approved, please come over to the GW2 Division and introduce yourself.

Once you get to the guildwars 2 forum can you please put your details and server choice in the Guild signup thread here: http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/...up-thread.html

We look forward to meeting you in game.

Please review the green stickies at the top of the page for important information

Thanks
Baldric
Old 8th October 2012, 06:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dream Catcher
Elite - Post: 3652 TOG Bronze Level Supporter

Pensive

Welcome to TOG, your application has been reviewed and approved.

You now have full access to all parts of TOG including:
All TOG member only Forums
All TOG member only areas of the website
All TOG member only game divisions
All TOG game servers
Your membership also includes access to various get-together, events, contests, and other exclusives for this 25 and over only organisation.

For a complete list of everything your membership includes along with everything you might want to know in order to take advantage of your new membership, be sure to stop by to read the "New TOG Members' Guide"

Currently TOG consists of nearly 30 game divisions and over 55,000 registered members. There's also plenty of other cool stuff on TOG, so browse around & check it all out. We sincerely hope that you enjoy TOG for as long as you choose to. Feel free to spread the message to your friends and family who enjoy gaming and don't forget to have fun yourself!

All the best!

Willow Ravenwolf, Fyanna; GW2 (Yak's Bend) [Willow Ravenstar; Guild Wars and Star Trek Online]

Willow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2012, 08:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 4

Thanks!
Bloodbinder
bloodbinder is offline   Reply With Quote