Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > The Barracks

The Barracks Potential new members need to post here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18th November 2012, 09:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 2

Default Membership Application - SWTOR

Hello all,

I'm Chris, aka Rids / Lexington / Niiri a 29 (30 tomorrow ) year old gamer from London, England. I recently ran into a rather nice group of people in a Flashpoit in SW:TOR, after much fun and lightsabre swinging I enquired about joining up with them as I'm looking for a social group to make my TOR experience that little bit more enjoyable. They were kind enough to point me to the forums here... and here I am.

What can I say about me? I've been into computer games for literally as long as I can remember, my first machine was an Atari 2600 ST back when I was maybe five or six - the only game I can ever remember playing was Crystal Castles! Things progressed from there, I had a Spectrum, then a NES, then a SNES, then a Sega Saturn (I know, I know I should have bought a PlayStation instead!) and eventually found my way to PC gaming which has been my one true love ever since - although I still have the consoles for those must have console games - Metal Gear Solid / God of War / Final Fantasy!

What do I play at the moment? Well obviously there is SW:TOR, but my main passion is World of Warcraft which I've been playing on and off since the US Open Beta god knows how many years ago. These days you can find me raid leading a rag tag bunch of individuals known as Rage Quit through various 10 man heroic raids, with varying degrees of sucess! But now that my WoW calender has eased up some I decided to make a return to SW:TOR. I'm a massive, giantic, huge, colossal Star Wars fanboy - I love the lore, the universe...the feel of playing a Star Wars game. KOTOR and KOTOR 2 are two of my favourite games ever, I'm also quite into the expanded universe and have even read a few of the books that are floating around.

I gave up on TOR when it was launched because the game didnt feel as polished as it could have been. Simple things like the complete lack of a dungeon finder on release really ruined the experience for me - however the game now feels much more like it should have felt at launch. So I'm looking for a game to play when I'm not running through the dungeons of Azeroth shouting at people to get out of the fire - and I'm looking for a community to play it with.

Away from the computer I'm an accountant for a large insurance company... as you can imagine I'm not that exciting! I have a wife, a girl of 2 years old, and another child due in March. I enjoy kicking back and watching a good film, and I love to read - I get a lot of reading done on my commutes to and from work. If anybody likes fantasy and has not yet read the Malazan Book of the Fallen series by Stephen Erikson I can wholeheartedly recommend them, they will quite possibly break your heart.

Anyway thats me in a nutshell - I hope I havent bored you all to tears or scared you off with my ramblings. Thank you for reading, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

Chris
Rids is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 18th November 2012, 10:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
Captain Elite: Dangerous
Lethal - Post: 5384

Relaxed

Rids,

Welcome to TOG, your application has been reviewed and approved.

You now have full access to all parts of TOG including:
  • All TOG member only Forums
  • All TOG member only areas of the website
  • All TOG member only game divisions
  • All TOG game servers
Your membership also includes access to various get-together, events, contests, and other exclusives for this 25 and over only organisation.

For a complete list of everything your membership includes along with everything you might want to know in order to take advantage of your new membership, be sure to stop by to read the "New TOG Members' Guide"

Currently TOG consists of nearly 30 game divisions and over 56,000 registered members. There's also plenty of other cool stuff on TOG, so browse around & check it all out. We sincerely hope that you enjoy TOG for as long as you choose to. Feel free to spread the message to your friends and family who enjoy gaming and don't forget to have fun yourself!

All the best!

The Older Gamers