Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > The Barracks

The Barracks Potential new members need to post here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12th December 2012, 08:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 84

Question Quitely cynical and resentful bastard seeks older gamers for higher IQ baselines

Hi TOG.

Games you are currently playing or wish to play with TOG: Planetside 2 is consuming a fair amount of my time lately. I do however have a giant swath of games I fully intend to catch up on/complete, but this will probably have to wait until someone discovers the prerequisite life-extension technologies.

Information about yourself: 30, disgruntled IT worker, big on self-sufficiency (but only because I'm cheap), efficiency and logic. I work in Canberra. Please send help. I have no offspring but I do have a long term relationship with an amazingly intelligent and attractive woman who somehow manages to keep me sane and stops me from going completely postal. Did I mention I work in Canberra?

Information about your gaming history: Winter/Summer games, Pitfall, Paradroid. Yeah, we had a Commodore 64. Moved onto Amiga 500, then finally a PC a few years later. Bought some consoles and stuff but they tend to gather dust. Love just about every genre of game as long as it has some sort of hook. I still maintain a vast collection of retro games from old computers/consoles, My gaming history is long. As far as online goes though, I tend to find it difficult to fit in and stick with a clan/group/whatever for very long because I am a cynical SOB and tend to get nuclear-grade resentful if I offer ideas/help/whatever and don't get so much as an acknowledgement. I like to be heard.

Why you'd like to join TOG: I'd like to play with people that can play to the objective and concentrate on team-based objectives rather then play for entirely their own self-interest. I would also love to play with people with at least an impression of maturity whom don't still think it's cool to say 'swears' and whatnot.

Anything else you'd like to share: The average housecat weighs approximately 4 kilograms.
Armitage is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12th December 2012, 08:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4463 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Hello there! A Moderator should be along to process your application. Once you're a member, please check THIS THREAD for information on getting invited to the Outfit in Planetside 2.

You'll certainly find good people to game with.
Old 12th December 2012, 09:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
Captain Elite: Dangerous
Lethal - Post: 5380

Relaxed

Hi Armitage,

In order to become a full member of TOG, we ask that you read and agree to 3 very specific things. You have indicated in your application that you do not agree to all of our terms of becoming a member, as such your application will be denied.
Please read this - Potential Members - PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
If you would like to become a full member, please go to the 'User Cp' located towards the top of this window in the left hand corner just above your name in the first post, read and agree to the TOG FAQ etc, and make the adjustment to your application.

I'll leave this post marked pending for a couple of days in case you'd like to make the adjustments

Specifically -
1/ That you are indeed applying for full membership
2/ That you have read and agree to the TOG FAQ

After you've made the changes we'll get you sorted

Thanks
Old 12th December 2012, 10:23 AM   #4 (permalink)

I've read the requisite documentation made the update as requested. I am applying for membership. I have read and agree with the TOG FAQ. I am ready to drink the kool-aid.
Old 12th December 2012, 10:24 AM   #5 (permalink)

Oh and sorry for the mess around. :P
Old 12th December 2012, 12:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Captain Elite: Dangerous
Lethal - Post: 5380

Relaxed

Armitage,

Welcome to TOG, your application has been reviewed and approved.

You now have full access to all parts of TOG including:
  • All TOG member only Forums
  • All TOG member only areas of the website
  • All TOG member only game divisions
  • All TOG game servers
Your membership also includes access to various get-together, events, contests, and other exclusives for this 25 and over only organisation.

For a complete list of everything your membership includes along with everything you might want to know in order to take advantage of your new membership, be sure to stop by to read the "New TOG Members' Guide"

Currently TOG consists of nearly 30 game divisions and over 56,000 registered members. There's also plenty of other cool stuff on TOG, so browse around & check it all out. We sincerely hope that you enjoy TOG for as long as you choose to. Feel free to spread the message to your friends and family who enjoy gaming and don't forget to have fun yourself!

All the best!

The Older Gamers
Old 12th December 2012, 12:53 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks muchly, looking forward to getting to know you all.
Old 13th December 2012, 05:27 AM   #8 (permalink)
Great bloke .....but
Lethal - Post: 5646 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Asleep

Hmmm Cynical people in TOG Nah you won't find any here, Good luck looking for some. Also do people "really " work in Canberra I find this hard to believe. Cheers and I hope you have a great time here at TOG and look forward to playing PS2 with ya. Oh by the way I am Cammo

RIP ViperX
CAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2012, 01:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1228

Goofy

And as you can probably already tell, more thought from Cammo went into the placement of his Smiley faces than his post. Haha

Welcome mate, look forward to seeing you in the PS2 warzones with us

Great fun to be had.

Also Cammo I like the comment under your name, It should read:

"Great bloke..... But doesnt play PS2 so....."
Old 14th December 2012, 05:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Great bloke .....but
Lethal - Post: 5646 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Asleep

Ahh Deadzy I must correct you as I do play PS2

RIP ViperX
CAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote