The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   The Barracks (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/barracks/)
-   -   [DONE] Introduction and Application (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/barracks/471023-introduction-application.html)

The Wolfman 12th December 2012 06:49 PM

Introduction and Application

Heya,

I learned of this group by recommendation of a friend who spoke very highly of it, and this will be my first time ever joining a group as cohesive as this.

I've pretty much planned computer games since I was tall enough to see over the keyboard. I remember playing an old incarnation of Spy vs Spy on the Commadore. I've always been a PC gamer, I've always been very attached to what the platform has to offer. I still own all the major consoles but most of my gaming is done on the PC platform. I enjoy tinkering with my PC from time to time to get my games looking the best their can and finding out what others have done to get better results.

I have a fairly board taste in game, both on consoles and on PC, but I prefer RPGs overall, be them single player or MMO. I mainly decided to place an application to join TOG to see if I could met new people that might be interesting and worthwhile playing online games with. Currently I'll playing a range of titles: Dragon Age: Origins (4th time), Mass Effect 2 (1st), Skyrim (1 and a half times), Bioschock 1 and 2 (1st time), Diablo 3 (2nd time) and SWToR, and it's mainly SWToR that I would probably appreicate having more people to play with, as most other of my usual group of friends have either moved onto other games or stopped playing entirely.

Like i mentioned previously, this is a first for me, and with fact of my Fiancee and I expecting a child soon, I am looking forward to having atleast some other people to play games with that have expierenced or are more accepting of the pressures that a child can bring to ones gaming habit.

In closing I would like to thank you in advance for your consideration in granting me the chance to join your community and, hoping, I'll have a chance to get to know some of the people here and share a few nights saving the galaxy with Lightsabers and Blaster at our sides.

Dressy 12th December 2012 07:53 PM

Welcome to TOG, your application has been reviewed and approved. :)

You now have full access to all parts of TOG including:
  • All TOG member only Forums
  • All TOG member only areas of the website
  • All TOG member only game divisions
  • All TOG game servers
Your membership also includes access to various get-together, events, contests, and other exclusives for this 25 and over only organisation.

For a complete list of everything your membership includes along with everything you might want to know in order to take advantage of your new membership, be sure to stop by to read the "New TOG Members' Guide"

Currently TOG consists of nearly 30 game divisions and over 56,000 registered members. There's also plenty of other cool stuff on TOG, so browse around & check it all out. We sincerely hope that you enjoy TOG for as long as you choose to. Feel free to spread the message to your friends and family who enjoy gaming and don't forget to have fun yourself!

All the best!