The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   The Barracks (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/barracks/)
-   -   [DONE] Application for Acceptance (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/barracks/478594-application-acceptance.html)

Trollslayer 5th February 2013 05:43 AM

Application for Acceptance

Greetings I am Trollslayer. I have heard over the years about TOG and a good friend of mine finally convinced me to sign up. :) I have played many games over the years starting with the old PnP D&D back in 1982 to my first Atari 2600.
I still enjoy playing PnP games and I have played a number of MMO's from EQ, WoW, Anarchy On-line, City of Heroes, City of Villains, Champions On-line, and my current gaming obsession Eve On-line. I originally played Eve back in 2006 for a couple of months and then dropped it when my current group of gaming friends went onto other games, then picked it up again a year or so later for another month before dropping it again for another six years.
I got back into playing Eve in the Spring of 2012 after being a little disappointed by Star Wars; The Old Republic. I mainly got tired of the overly competitive nature of having the absolute best gear, running high level missions, and essentially having to fit into certain gaming stereotype molds to acheive success within the game, i.e. you must have "x" skill at "x" level, with "x" equipment, for such and such character class to be "uber."
While I like to be uber, I would like to acheive that in my own way and I believe that gaming success can be achieved in a number of different ways. It all depends on the player. I am a rather low key player and can only spend limited amounts of time gaming due to my job. I live and work in the Pacific Northwest of the U.S. and I work a swing shift which means my evenings are usually full.
Essentially my wanting to join TOG is to find a group of players on Eve to hang with and chat with on-line for help and companionship. Hopefully this answers any questions and my application for acceptance will be approved. If there are any questions please feel free to contact me via e-mail. Thanks for your attention

AlphaGamma 5th February 2013 02:48 PM

Welcome to TOG, your application has been reviewed and approved. :)

You now have full access to all parts of TOG including:
  • All TOG member only Forums
  • All TOG member only areas of the website
  • All TOG member only game divisions
  • All TOG game servers
Your membership also includes access to various get-together, events, contests, and other exclusives for this 25 and over only organisation.

For a complete list of everything your membership includes along with everything you might want to know in order to take advantage of your new membership, be sure to stop by to read the "New TOG Members' Guide"

Currently TOG consists of nearly 30 game divisions and over 56,000 registered members. There's also plenty of other cool stuff on TOG, so browse around & check it all out. We sincerely hope that you enjoy TOG for as long as you choose to. Feel free to spread the message to your friends and family who enjoy gaming and don't forget to have fun yourself!

All the best!