Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > The Barracks

The Barracks Potential new members need to post here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30th June 2013, 02:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 2

Default My application (or life story)

Hi i'm 39, Married with 3 kids (3, 11,15) spend a lot of my time either playing MMO's by myself or with my 2 elder children.

Have played (in order) Ultima online, Guild wars, Motor City Online, Anarchy Online, World Of Warcraft, Star wars: The Old Republic, and now playing Rift.

In gaming i have had 2 GREAT accomplishments . During Anarchy Online i had my character so geared i would solo farm raids and sell the loot drops for big money. And during WoW our guild's core team (My character was a Paladin and was the raids Main tank) cleared Dragon Soul Heroic and were the 8th on our realm to do so.

As i have spent SO many years with MMO's I tend to get tired of the immaturity in some guilds and more commonly in general chat. I am interested in being with others i can relate to.
Bruun is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 30th June 2013, 02:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 902

Great to see another Rift player applying to join TOG.

Once you get access just head down to http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/...te-please.html and follow the instructions there, list your in game toons you want invited in the post and we'll get the invites to you.

Currently Playing: Rift - Revent, Revenarb, Revenir, Toxicara
Reven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2013, 02:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 2

May pull my app. As i said i'm a parent and spend a lot of time playing with my kids ( i like my alone time too though). That being said, i usualy like to have them in the guild with me so i can kep an eye on them and not have some noname guild picking them up and discussing god knows what. If he had to have a restricted level in the guild that would suit fine as he doesn't really chat anyway.

So if I am unable to have at least my middle child with me, (who tends to follow me round from one game to the next) then i'll have to pass unfortunatly. Yes i should have brought this up when talking ingame with a member but it didn't come to mind.
Bruun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2013, 05:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

We'll still be here if you ever want to apply again, see you in game

Old 30th June 2013, 06:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Administrator
Ace - Post: 8726 TOG Bronze Level Supporter

Hi Bruun,

You can still be a TOG member if you wish. Even if you don't have time to join a guild now you might be able to in the near future. Ether way, please let us know.

All the best,

Monty
TOG Administrator Team.

“Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?” ― Douglas Adams
Monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2013, 01:34 AM   #6 (permalink)

Hey Monty, I spoke to Bruun in game after he posted his last message here and he said he had decided to leave joining TOG for now.