The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   The Barracks (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/barracks/)
-   -   [DONE] Application for Membership (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/barracks/507653-application-membership.html)

Casualslacks 21st August 2013 11:15 PM

Application for Membership

Hello, I go by the name Casualslacks. I've been gaming since I was old enough to handle a Atari 2600 controller. I've played consoles primarily through the 80s, 90s, and mid-00s, before Civilization and World of Warcraft converted me to PC gaming. I run through single-player games by and by, but I usually focus on MMORPGs and the occasional competitive multiplayers like Blacklight or Chivalry. I played WoW for about five years. I'm currently playing The Secret World and Neverwinter, but I'll download whatever free-to-play games seem interesting and give them a shot. I buy any number of games when I find them on sale using the reasoning that $2.50 is practically free; never mind how purchases add up.

I had heard about TOG back in my WoW days while listening to the Bind On Equip podcast. You guys seemed like you might be an interesting group to play with, but I was dedicated to the Penny Arcade Alliance back then. After quitting WoW a few years ago, I've been mostly guildless. You guys look like your community spreads pretty broadly across multiple games. Furthermore, considering the age restriction, you all probably have responsibilities in life outside of gaming; which I can relate to. Also, despite living in the -6 GMT time zone, my work hours flip from day- to night-shift every 4 weeks. It would be good to be in a community that spans the globe.

Anyways, I'm generally respectful and considerate and I keep my trolling to a minimum. I'm also an introvert and I typically prefer to be independent. However, I don't mind helping people out if I have the time, the ability, or the knowledge. I'd like to join your community if you'll have me.

maddog2204 22nd August 2013 05:14 AM

Welcome to TOG, your application has been reviewed and approved. :)

You now have member access to all aspects of TOG including:
  • All TOG member only Forums
  • All TOG member only areas of the website
  • All TOG member only game divisions
  • All TOG game and communications servers
Your membership also allows you to participate in various get-together, events, contests, and other exclusives for this 25 and over only organisation.

No matter which game or games you are playing, the heart and soul of TOG lies here in the Lounge. Feel free to drop by say hello, join the discussions or simply lurk.

For a complete list of everything your membership includes along with everything you might want to know in order to take advantage of your new membership, be sure to stop by to read the "New TOG Members' Guide"

Currently TOG consists of nearly 30 game divisions and over 60,000 registered members. There's also plenty of other cool stuff on TOG, so browse around & check it all out. We sincerely hope that you enjoy TOG for as long as you choose to. Feel free to spread the message to your friends and family who enjoy gaming and don't forget to have fun yourself!

All the best!
The Older Gamers :D