Old 2nd March 2011, 08:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator
Guru - Post: 11366

Default some BF3 singleplayer footage

Part II March 16th..
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 2nd March 2011, 10:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 7349

Paranoid

GDC: Battlefield 3 is Beautiful - PC Preview at IGN

Same footage but seems to be in slow-mo with no sound. Nice write up though. Looks magnificent.
Purg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2011, 11:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Spammer - Post: 21539

Shocked

sorry to say but i feel the death of a few FPS games after seeing that ... awesome footage

If you think the economy is more important than the environment, try holding your breath while counting your money
Binary-Ninja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2011, 08:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 6640

Grumpy

Looks great but i admit with this game series after BF2 which in my opinion has not been beaten in terms of multiplayer yet. That is where it is going to have to shine bright.

Hope they do not lose any focus on the multiplayer.
Old 3rd March 2011, 10:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator
Guru - Post: 11366

If the singleplayer is even half as good as BFBC2 then I'll buying BF3 just for it!
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2011, 11:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1016

That footage looks amazing. I am really looking forward to playing this.

That was a good article purge, thanks for sharing. Looks as though the "dragging fallen team mates" is only for sigle player. I found another article here as well ( I am sure there will be plenty in the next few months):
Battlefield 3 impression: ?Best game I?ve seen!? - National Video Game | Examiner.com

Apparantly the system specs are going to be posted tommorrow: Twitter
Don't hold your breath though, it wouldn't be the first time Twitter has lied to me...

DougB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2011, 04:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 436

Lurking

Another write up plus new in game footage. Looking pretty epic so far.

Battlefield 3 first footage: the humans move like humans
Coddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2011, 04:59 PM   #8 (permalink)

Paranoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
That was a good article purge, thanks for sharing. Looks as though the "dragging fallen team mates" is only for sigle player. I found another article here as well ( I am sure there will be plenty in the next few months):
Battlefield 3 impression: ?Best game I?ve seen!? - National Video Game | Examiner.com

Apparantly the system specs are going to be posted tommorrow: Twitter
Don't hold your breath though, it wouldn't be the first time Twitter has lied to me...
Shaping up to be another game changer based on the impressions. Countless hours on BF2 - loved the gameplay and the graphics in its time. If they can get the MP elements right with these visuals, I'll need to develop and intravenous beer dispenser.
Old 3rd March 2011, 08:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Spammer - Post: 21539

Shocked

Yeah i had something like 1500hrs logged in BF2 and have played all the recent COD titles and Bad Company 2 but nothing still sets the MP benchmark like BF2 .. large maps , proper teamwork based play etc... while the other games have nice GFX the MP gameplay was no where near the BF2 experience ..

I blame the small maps and point system for increasing the camping element into battlefield and thus the loss of all teamwork ... If these maps are large and they camp they will be left behind very simple

If you think the economy is more important than the environment, try holding your breath while counting your money
Binary-Ninja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 06:06 AM   #10 (permalink)

Paranoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binary-Ninja View Post
Yeah i had something like 1500hrs logged in BF2 and have played all the recent COD titles and Bad Company 2 but nothing still sets the MP benchmark like BF2 .. large maps , proper teamwork based play etc... while the other games have nice GFX the MP gameplay was no where near the BF2 experience ..

I blame the small maps and point system for increasing the camping element into battlefield and thus the loss of all teamwork ... If these maps are large and they camp they will be left behind very simple
It's probably why I preferred conquest in BC2, though it still didn't have the epic sizes of BF2 - it still had a little of that BF2 feel to it. Rush is ok but I can get frustrated with it quickly and while the maps are big, you're playing them in sections.

Fingers crossed we're gearing up for another benchmark in MP.