Old 30th March 2011, 11:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Spammer - Post: 21214

Shocked
Default Faultline Ep 3 Get That Line Cut

# 3 for your enjoyment

If you think the economy is more important than the environment, try holding your breath while counting your money
Binary-Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 31st March 2011, 12:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Moderator
Jia
Retired Moderator
Elite - Post: 2914

I really hate being a downer, but I just can't shake that "been there, done that" feeling I get from watching the videos so far. Aside from the eye-candy, this game looks just like any other generic, unimaginative action shooter. The flashing icons, telling the player when to click either the right or the left mouse button, were the final strike for me.

I'm surprised that we still haven't seen any of Frostbite 2's environment destruction (ignoring video #2's scripted ending). The single player footage is a huge letdown for me - but luckily the multiplayer game modes are what Battlefield is about, so I still have high hopes.

Last edited by Jia; 31st March 2011 at 02:29 AM. Reason: Fixed grammar
Jia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011, 01:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Correspondent
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Correspondent
World at War
Competent - Post: 437

Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jia View Post
I really hate being a downer, but I just can't shake that "been there, done that" feeling I get from watching the videos so far. Aside from the eye-candy, this game looks just like any other generic, unimaginative action shooter. The flashing icons, telling the player when to click either the right or the left mouse button was the final strike for me.

I'm surprised that we still haven't seen any of Frostbite 2's environment destruction (ignoring video #2's scripted ending). The single player footage is a huge letdown for me - but luckily the multiplayer game modes are what Battlefield is about, so I still have high hopes.
I have to agree Jia. I watched interview over at game.on.net and Dice are saying that players want more (ie - SP and Co-Op), but they are expecting most "hardcore" BF fans to go straight into MP.

I know thats where I will be!
Old 31st March 2011, 06:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 7159

Paranoid

It has a SP component? I'll probably forget that by tomorrow.

I love the look of it, may look same old same old because environments are improving with technology improvements but this one seems to be pushing the envelope just a little bit more.

Squad based with big player counts on huge maps and I'll be a happy BF3'er.
Purg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011, 07:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1016

Thanks BN for the video.

Off Duty Gamers have done another breakdown, this time of ep3. If you haven't read their previous breakdowns, I recommend reading those first. Here's the link enjoy:
Breakdown: BF3 Fault Line Episode III

Here's the breakdown for Ep2:
http://www.offdutygamers.com/2011/03...ult-line-ep-2/
Here's the breakdown for Ep1:
http://www.offdutygamers.com/2011/03...ies-episode-i/

Last edited by DougB; 31st March 2011 at 07:39 AM.
DougB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011, 10:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
Retired Captain

Shocked

Jia BF3 for me is about the expansive map play in a MP based FPS genre , i think this expansive play leads to far more team work , no lone wolves or not as many ... no snipers sitting their padding their stats on their lonesome... BF2 was awesome for teamwork whether as a clan or you just joined a squad

The tanks wont move far without engineers , Sniper will cover a squad as they move in to complete a objective things like that .. The videos all look very similar to most modern warfare type shooter but yet to see destruction 2.0 and some decent MP videos ..

If you think the economy is more important than the environment, try holding your breath while counting your money
Old 31st March 2011, 11:36 AM   #7 (permalink)

BF2 was alot better for teamplay. Alot has to do with ingame VOIP. I really hope they get that right this time. That is one of the things BFBC2 is lacking. That and of course it really brought people out that were more concerned with their KDR of course..

There was a little bit of destruction in those videos. The walls chipping away when the sniper shoots in ep2, the overpass cover falling away when it gets shot in ep3 etc. and don't forget the earthquake at the end of ep3. All this was done in real-time, all be it very scripted. But it still is early days and all that footage was from the alpha or pre alpha stage of the game.

Old 31st March 2011, 01:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
Retired Captain

Shocked

yeah agree DougB the graphics are probably not polished at this stage we see but i think / hope BF3 will beat any modern FPS shooter even based on a similar graphics level if their gameplay if like BF2 ...

Old 31st March 2011, 06:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

Ok I just found this when looking through YouTube. It's all 3 eps of the Faultline series in one clip. I haven't watched it all cause I am still at work.

I have never put a YouTube clip in a post before so I hope it works. If it doesn't here's the link:
YouTube - Battlefield - COMPLETE "Fault Line" Gameplay

Edit: Yay it worked

Old 31st March 2011, 07:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
Retired Captain

Shocked

At end of ep3 i posted it said april 17 to see full clip .. cheeky people edited it..

the other thing BF3 and the new frostbite engine has over the other modern FPS fgames is the lighting and hwo it will switch from day to nite on the cycle adds realism

We just work here Dave .. love that line

Last edited by Binary-Ninja; 31st March 2011 at 07:27 PM.