Old 7th April 2011, 07:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1016

Default November Release for BF3

While surfing the net this morning I came accross this:
Planet Battlefield - Maps, News, Battlefield 2, Videos, Downloads
EA CEO, John Riccitiello was quoted as saying that the next installment of the Battlefield franchise is slated for release in November this year and has an advertising budget of $100 million dollars. This release date will put directly against the next COD.
What are your thoughts, discuss.

DougB is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 7th April 2011, 09:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
Spammer - Post: 21269

Shocked

$100 Million Dollars for advertising budget ..... holy cow that is impressive ... but wished it was sooner

If you think the economy is more important than the environment, try holding your breath while counting your money
Binary-Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2011, 05:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 5595

Inspired

Gear up soldier, its almost time to go to war again!

Crysis 2, BF3, overload of FPS greatness possible.
Old 7th April 2011, 09:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Correspondent
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Correspondent
World at War
Competent - Post: 437

Cheerful

They want to knock off CoD, so long as they make it a "Battlefield" shooter and not bow down to the CoD noobs, I will be happy.
Old 8th April 2011, 02:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 7203

Paranoid

It has me concerned a little.

BF3 and COD17 can exist together. In order for BF3 to directly compete against COD it has to dumb down its gameplay. That's not the reason I play BF3. I play both for different reasons.

Roll out a huge advertising budget, I certainly won't complain if it leads to more people to shoot at but don't pit it up against COD, please! They're same genre, different experiences.
Purg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2011, 07:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 929

Hot

Yay for a release date/month... Boo for November though, thats like, forever away haha
I'm not worried about BF3 competing against the new COD as I will be getting both anyway. Like Purg said their different gamestyles, COD is a run and gun where BF3 is more about teamwork and having some form of strategy..

"A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon." - Napoleon Bonaparte
Rica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2011, 08:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Correspondent
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Correspondent
World at War
Competent - Post: 437

Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purg View Post
It has me concerned a little.

BF3 and COD17 can exist together. In order for BF3 to directly compete against COD it has to dumb down its gameplay. That's not the reason I play BF3. I play both for different reasons.

Roll out a huge advertising budget, I certainly won't complain if it leads to more people to shoot at but don't pit it up against COD, please! They're same genre, different experiences.
Well put Purg!
Old 8th April 2011, 09:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 7965

Im not worried about the competition between the franchises - these games are poles apart and in general there will be plenty of community base for both games. BF3 has been long awaited by the BF community. 2142 was just a theme and an engine tweak from BF2, BC2 was a concept trial that exceeded their expectations. BF3 will be the brave new world.

Edit:

almost forgot.Noooooooooo!vember - its too far away!

Fighting Hell Fish |Division Captain (retired) Brink & BF 2142 | Sig by Ashlann | Brewing up a storm @MooCrkBrew

Last edited by Redgum; 8th April 2011 at 10:51 PM.
Redgum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2011, 05:24 AM   #9 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1016

Default More Info

Look on the positive side, it's only 7 months away...nah doesn't make me feel any better.
Found some more info:
Planet Battlefield - Maps, News, Battlefield 2, Videos, Downloads

In this little article they go on to confirm that unfortunatly, there won't be any dedicated LAN support. Which is a bit of a pitty, that's the way I got into the Battlefield series. I went to a LAN and they were all play BF:1942. Ahh good times.
One feature that the article mentions, is that you can blow 1/6th of a cinder block away to create a hole in the wall to snipe. Sounds really good...on paper. Just hope the MP is not full of snipers using this cover mechanic. Time will tell, 7 months to be more precise.

DougB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2011, 11:08 AM   #10 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 929

Hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
One feature that the article mentions, is that you can blow 1/6th of a cinder block away to create a hole in the wall to snipe. Sounds really good...on paper. Just hope the MP is not full of snipers using this cover mechanic. Time will tell, 7 months to be more precise.
Nah man thats cool, put a nade against the wall and watch it crumble on top of them haha

"A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon." - Napoleon Bonaparte
Rica is offline   Reply With Quote