TOG Latest

Chris Roberts Recognises the Star Cit...

The rising interest in Star Citizen in TOG has gai...

Warthunder heard throughout TOG

The sounds of Warthunder is being heard throughout TOG

Dota 2 Release

DOTA2 Released.

Planetside 2 Release 20-Nov-2012 PST

The long awaited and critically acclaimed PlanetSi...

Division Latest

TOG MindCrack - Mining, Machines, Mag...

TOG's MindCrack Minecraft server offers all that's...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Machines and magic in Minecraft - 'Fe...

Over the vacation period, a "Feed The Beast" Mod p...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Old 4th June 2011, 03:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5866 TOG Silver Level Supporter

Tired
Smile BF3 multiplayer gameplay to be shown at E3

At last it looks like we might get a peak at multiplayer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlefield Blog
Following our Battlefield 3 announcement earlier this spring, a lot of you have asked us for more info on multiplayer. Well, wait no further we will be showing both single player and multiplayer gameplay at E3! You can expect new trailers and screenshots as well as in-depth press previews hitting next week. You can also watch the EA press conference live on EA.com on Monday.
Source: Battlefield Blog

I'm a very excited Pav (......although I still have niggling reservations about the return of prone......)

"Jakob_Pavlov is a known issue and will be dealt with in the next patch." - bigtabs
Jakob_Pavlov is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 4th June 2011, 11:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1028

Dead

Team death match and being able to temporarily disable vehicles.....interesting
T0by1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2011, 06:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 7035

Paranoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakob_Pavlov View Post
I'm a very excited Pav (......although I still have niggling reservations about the return of prone......)
I think prone is essential, especially when you are defending a point.. though some may believe it promotes camping. Why the reservations?
Purg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2011, 09:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
TOGCG CEO
Queen of the Abyss's Resident Spai Barbie
Elite - Post: 3358

Cheeky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purg View Post
though some may believe it promotes camping
I think you just answered it!
Old 4th June 2011, 09:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 6544

Grumpy

It is what i have been waiting to see, nothing has came close for myself to the BF2 experience.
Old 4th June 2011, 11:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Spammer - Post: 20565

Paranoid

Quote:
I think prone is essential, especially when you are defending a point.. though some may believe it promotes camping. Why the reservations?

But even if they did camp in this game what would the advantage be ? .... The maps are going to be so large i cant see camping being used as much like it was in BFBC2 and it wont ruin the game by making a whole side snipers camped on hill tops ... if they do they will just be left so so far behind and out of the action...

If you think the economy is more important than the environment, try holding your breath while counting your money

Last edited by Binary-Ninja; 4th June 2011 at 11:49 PM.
Binary-Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2011, 07:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Tired

Quote:
My concerns are that prone was just about tolerable as a means to give snipers some level of concealment back in the days of low polygon and low level of detail environments. With modern graphics engines my worry is that prone may almost become an invisible button if used in the "right" areas (dense foilage/deformed terrain/clipping through un-intended geometry). I hope I am dead wrong, because even with just crouch in BC2 there are some positions that guille suited snipers can take up that are almost impossible to check without exposing yourself and painting a big red bullseye on your head.

Plus, I still have recurring nightmares about dolphin-diving from the good old BF2 days.

"Jakob_Pavlov is a known issue and will be dealt with in the next patch." - bigtabs
Old 5th June 2011, 09:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
Retired Captain
C4
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5323

Breezy

Quote:
Plus, I still have recurring nightmares about dolphin-diving from the good old BF2 days.
This was my pet hate, hope they fix it with some sort of penalty to aiming or slow animating sequence.
C4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2011, 11:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 7035

Paranoid

Quote:
My concerns are that prone was just about tolerable as a means to give snipers some level of concealment back in the days of low polygon and low level of detail environments. With modern graphics engines my worry is that prone may almost become an invisible button if used in the "right" areas (dense foilage/deformed terrain/clipping through un-intended geometry).

Personally, I think any infantry shooter should have prone - though not like it was implemented in BF2 (or how it's implemented in Black Ops - that's my #1 hate) but more the way it was implemented in ARMA2. If you go prone, you're unable to shoot until you reach position and even then, it takes a little time to steady.

I would be surprised if it's not implemented. It's not a deal breaker for me but I would prefer to see it in rather than out - and I'm not a sniper or a camper.
Purg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2011, 07:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4 View Post
This was my pet hate, hope they fix it with some sort of penalty to aiming or slow animating sequence.
Quote:
If you go prone, you're unable to shoot until you reach position and even then, it takes a little time to steady.
Agreed. Although that doesn't address the invisibility thing, I suppose 3D spotting would help.

Quote:
I would be surprised if it's not implemented. It's not a deal breaker for me but I would prefer to see it in rather than out - and I'm not a sniper or a camper.
Yeah, definitely not a deal breaker......and as I said; I really hope that I am wrong and DICE figure out how to intergrate it in the game. I am likely just being pessamistic about this aspect of the game as everything else I've heard about the game seems so cool!