Old 8th July 2011, 02:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
Squad Officer
Company Commander
World of Tanks
Elite - Post: 3009

Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog2204 View Post
I would have ordered through ozgameshop.com, but I just don't know when they can deliver the game as I have never pre-ordered any game through them before. I don't know if they get the game early and have it delivered close to release date, or whether they send it out on release date, which means you get the game a week later than everyone else.
So I went with EB Games as I know I will have the game on release day with the pre-order bonuses included. It costs a lot more than ozgameshop (nearly twice the cost - ozgameshop are selling the Limited Edition for $46.99 with free delivery), but that is a price I am willing to pay to have the game on release day.
Thanks for your opinion as it pretty much matches mine.

I ordered Empire+Napoleon Total War Game of the Year pack and they took about 5 days to arrive from the UK.

I am not fussed about zero day release pickup as I had my copy of Star Trek Online sitting at the ebgames store for about a week.

Given Australia is UTC+10 hours ahead, I expect that we will get it first anyway.

Though I fear that zero day game will be unplayable as the game servers get clogged with eager new BF3 players.

The Star Trek collectable pin gave me 30 seconds of pleasure and I have never looked at it since.

I rank the BF3 Dog tags and the logoed cap as a dust gatherer with 30 seconds of value before being shoved into a closet.

It does rankle a bit to pay double the game price to get a few time exclusive unlocks but I did enjoy the ingame items that came with the BFBC2 preorder from EBgames.

So I guess I will give ebgame a deposit for pickup in October.

Ace Rimsey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 8th July 2011, 08:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 343

Remember that the Physical Warfare pack will be available to everyone at no charge sometime after release. People who preorder from retailers offering the PW pack get to use it from day 1 though and dont have to wait.

The other packs (SPECACT and Dog tag) will probably be available later, but if you dont get them via preorder bonuses you will probably have to pay for them.

Warhammer 40k Eternal Crusade referral link for 4k store points.
The Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2011, 08:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 6126

Lurking

ozgameshop can take up to 12 working days after the release date.....but you do save a shit load
Beavis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2011, 03:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 117

Fine

so there is no option of getting it on steam?? before the release date??
any one know?
Seraphim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2011, 05:49 PM   #15 (permalink)
Spammer - Post: 21373

Shocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
so there is no option of getting it on steam?? before the release date??
any one know?
As per the same post i made in steam in here looks like STEAM wont even get it the EA has just announced the Digital Retailers and STEAM was not one of them

Battlefield 3 Digital Retailer

Digital Retailers
If you are looking to purchase Battlefield 3 digitally, you're in the right place! Below you'll find a list of digital retailers who will be selling Battlefield 3!

North America

Origin
GameStop
Impulse
Direct2Drive
Amazon
Best Buy
Gamersgate

United Kingdom

Gamersgate
IGN UK // GAMEFLY
Gamestation
Dixons
Curry's
PC World
Gamesplanet

If you think the economy is more important than the environment, try holding your breath while counting your money
Binary-Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2011, 05:56 PM   #16 (permalink)
Retired Captain
C4
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5347

Breezy

would be interested to know the reason why steam is not selling it....
C4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2011, 06:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 7262

Paranoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4 View Post
would be interested to know the reason why steam is not selling it....
The BS answer was they have no control over the patch process when it goes through Steam.
Purg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2011, 07:00 PM   #18 (permalink)

Shocked

unless they are still i negotiations with steam .. but interesting to see Ea post a list without steam on it

If you think the economy is more important than the environment, try holding your breath while counting your money
Old 11th July 2011, 07:56 AM   #19 (permalink)
Retired Captain
C4
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5347

Breezy

found this post.... notice the text in green, there is a chance it may still be available on steam.

Quote:
Of course EA is blaming this Battlefield 3/Steam issue on Valve, here's their policy:

EA Policy on Selling Games on Third-Party Download Sites

At EA, we believe in choice. We want our products in all the places gamers go to download the best games and services. To that end, we offer games to EVERY major download service including Amazon, Walmart, Gamestop, and Steam.

One of the most exciting aspects of games is that they just keep getting bigger and better. Both developers and consumers have evolved beyond the traditional model that used to limit us to 15-20 hours of play on a typical disc. Today, post-launch downloads of new maps, vehicles and other content extend the experience, adding hours of fun and a lot of value.

Every download site that hosts our games sets business terms for our relationship. These terms are often complex, but the goal is to provide a hassle-free experience for the gamer. Prices, content exclusives, and loyalty programs may differ from site to site. Consumers can pick the site that bests suits their needs.

Any retailer can sell our games, but we take direct responsibility for providing patches, updates, additional content and other services for the individuals and communities that play our games. These players are connecting to our servers, so we want to provide them with the very best service. This works well for our partnership with Gamestop, Amazon and other online retailers.

However, when a download service forbids publishers from contacting players with patches, new levels, items and other services – it disrupts our ability to provide the ongoing support players expect from us. At present, this is the case with only one download service. While EA offers its entire portfolio to this site, they have elected to not post many of our games. We hope to find a mutually agreeable solution to this issue soon.

Going forward, EA will continue to work with download partners and continue offering our games for sale on all major download sites.

The good news is: you’ve got plenty of choices.

Gee I wonder what download service they're referring to there?

Source:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7372195.page
C4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2011, 04:31 PM   #20 (permalink)

Shocked

Yep another quality STEAM delayed patch just cost them the biggest game of all time...