The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Battlefield Public Forum (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/battlefield-public-forum/)
-   -   Regarding Pre-Order bonuses (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/battlefield-public-forum/366551-regarding-pre-order-bonuses.html)

The Horror 5th June 2011 08:04 PM

Regarding Pre-Order bonuses

Update: Pre-order details confirmed from the source:
Battlefield Blog

BREAKDOWN OF ALL PRE-ORDER ITEMS FOR BATTLEFIELD 3

Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand
What it is: An entire themed expansion pack the size of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam.
Where to get: You will be eligible to download this expansion pack (once it is released) if you pre-order Battlefield 3: Limited Edition at Origin or at any retailer all over the world.
Available: The release date of Back to Karkand is not yet announced. This expansion pack is not on the disc and is not available on the launch date of the base game. Everyone (pre-orderers and those who buy it separately) will be able to start playing Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand at the same date.
Cost: At no extra charge with every pre-order of Battlefield 3: Limited Edition. You will be able to buy it separately for $14,99 if you don't pre-order (release date not yet announced).

Physical Warfare Pack
What it is: A set of three time-based exclusive items and one early weapon unlock for Battlefield 3.
Where to get: By pre-ordering Battlefield 3: Limited Edition on Origin (digital download PC only) or at select retailers all over the world.
Available: Day 1 if you pre-order. You will get access to this content at no extra charge at a later date if you don't pre-order (date to be announced)
Cost: At no extra charge with your pre-order at Origin and select retailers.

SPECACT Kit Upgrade
What it is: A set of 8 multiplayer skins, one for each class and side in Battlefield 3.
Where to get: At select retailers all over the world when you pre-order Battlefield 3: Limited Edition.
Available: Day 1.
Cost: At no extra charge with your pre-order at select retailers.

Dog Tag Pack
What it is: A set of 10 unique in-game dog tags to choose from. Dog tags in Battlefield 3 serve as your in-game signature, displayed on screen every time you defeat an enemy. You can also claim the dog tag of your enemies via skillful stealth knife takedowns. This pre-order exclusive pack gives you 10 unique dog tag designs to complement the standard range in the game.
Where to get: At select retailers all over the world when you pre-order Battlefield 3: Limited Edition.

What it is: Battlefield 3 gear for your console avatar.

Shotgun and Beret for Battlefield Play4Free
What it is: An 870S shotgun and a beret for in-game use in our play-for-free title Battlefield Play4Free.
Where to get: By pre-ordering Battlefield 3: Limited Edition on Origin.
Cost: At no extra charge with your pre-order on Origin.

48 Hour Early Access to the Open Beta
What it is: A 2 day (48 hours) early access to the Battlefield 3 Open Beta starting in September 2011.
Where to get: By pre-ordering the digital download PC version of Battlefield 3: Limited Edition on Origin or by being a first-hand Medal of Honor: Limited Edition or Medal of Honor: Tier 1 Edition player.
Available: 48 hours before the Open Beta goes public for everyone.

FAQ ON THE OPEN BETA

How early is early access?
Early access to the Open Beta is 48 hours before the public is allowed to enter.

How will my early access to the Open Beta be delivered if I am eligible?
This will be communicated later. Stay tuned.

Who can participate in the Open Beta?
The Battlefield 3 Open Beta will be available to all, on all platforms, in September.

Can I get early access to the Open Beta by pre-ordering Battlefield 3 on Origin?
Yes, if you pre-order the digital download PC version of Battlefield 3: Limited Edition on Origin. This will also entitle you to the pre-order items Physical Warfare Pack plus the Shotgun and Beret for Battlefield Play4Free -- see above.

I bought Medal of Honor Limited Edition/Tier 1 Edition and was promised entry to the Battlefield 3 Beta -- is that a different Beta than the Open Beta just announced?
No, it is the same Open Beta, but as a first-hand buyer of Medal of Honor: Limited Edition/Tier 1 Edition, you will have 48 hours early access.

What if I bought Medal of Honor: Limited Edition/Tier 1 Edition as a digital download -- do I still get early access to the Open Beta?
Yes.

What are the exact dates for the Open Beta?
The exact dates for the Open Beta will be announced later.

What if I pre-ordered the digital download version of Battlefield 3: Limited Edition on Origin before they announced the early access to the Open Beta -- do I still get this early access?
Yes.

If in Russia, please check available pre-order offers with your local retailer

According to this source, Australians will be able to obtain the SPECACT Kit Upgrade in addition to the Back to Karkand pack, if they pre-order the game from these retailers:
JB-Hi Fi: http://www.jbhifi.com.au/games/battlefield-3/
GAME: http://www.game.com.au/battlefield-3...-games/BF3LEPC

Please note that the GAME website does not yet contain information regarding the SPECACT Kit Upgrade. Until the website lists it I wouldnt put my money on it.

Binary-Ninja 5th June 2011 08:13 PM

1. yes and yes after a month or so
2. part of the ltd edition pack is back to karkand and physical warfare ...
3. yes yellow beret and shotty is only or BF play for free , if you play that game pre order through it ..
4. yes

Azazel 14th June 2011 06:24 PM

2) Physical Warfare is *not* part of the Ltd Edition.
It is a preorder bonus for buying the game from either of 2 stores in the UK (other worldwide store details to follow)

If you get the PW pack, you'll *also* be getting the Ltd Edition, but if you buy the Ltd edition from *anywhere else* you will *not* get the PW pack.

The PW pack will not be available anywhere else or later on (So EA says at the moment - they might roll it into a later bundle of BF3 - or they might not)

Rica 16th June 2011 08:57 PM

2) PW Pack will be different per region as it seems, Sweden (Game) has announced that they they have a SPECACT Camouflage kit

Wondering what it will be in Aus....

The Horror 23rd June 2011 04:57 PM

Found an article that gives more information about PW pack availability. I have linked to it in the original post.

maddog2204 1st July 2011 02:24 PM

EB Games

EB Games Australia are now offering the Limited Edition Physical Warfare Pack for $88.00.

Quote:

Limited Edition Physical Warfare Pack includes:

• Battlefield 3 game
  • Battlefield 3 Steelbook
  • Expansion pack - Back to Karkand
  • TYPE 88 Light Machine Gun DLC
  • DAO - 12 shotgun DLC
  • Flechette ammo for the DAO-12 shotgun
  • Flash Suppressor for SKS Sniper Rifle DLC

Battlefield 3 Limited Edition Physical Warfare Pack - PC - EB Games Australia

Available 27th Oct.

JB HiFi

JB HiFi are offering the Limited Edition with bonus Specact Kits for $109.

Quote:

BATTLEFIELD 3 LIMITED EDITION INCLUDES

SPECACT KIT INCLUDES :
8 UNIQUE MULTIPLAYER SKINS FOR THE ELITE OF THE ELITE
Expand your customization options in Battlefield 3 with this set of 8 unique multiplayer skins. Each kit on both sides gets an extra uniform and camouflage that lets you adapt to any environment.
BATTLEFIELD 3 AVATAR GEAR – 360 ONLY:
Get the latest military gear for your Xbox 360 avatar, straight from Battlefield 3.
PHYSICAL BATTLEFIELD 3 CAP
Individually numbered collector’s Battlefield 3 cap.
PHYSICAL DOG TAGS
Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition - PS3 - X360 - PC - JB Hi-Fi

Available 27th Oct also.

C4 1st July 2011 02:32 PM

nice one maddog... real tempting :)

The Horror 4th July 2011 08:45 PM

First post updated with latest information.

Ace Rimsey 7th July 2011 11:51 PM

So bottom line is EBGames for early weapon unlocks in the Physical Weapons bonus

SPECACT from JB HiFi/EBGames for collectable hat and real metal dog tags plus some avatar skin changes.

The EBGames physical warfare offer sounds more useful than dust gathering collectables and some minor irrelevant ingame eye candy.

At this point, I would rather pay Ebgames for something I can use straightaway than irrelevant junk.

What are other people's opinions. Will you go for the EBGames or the JBHiFi-Game extras?

maddog2204 8th July 2011 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace Rimsey (Post 3192301)
So bottom line is EBGames for early weapon unlocks in the Physical Weapons bonus

SPECACT from JB HiFi/EBGames for collectable hat and real metal dog tags plus some avatar skin changes.

The EBGames physical warfare offer sounds more useful than dust gathering collectables and some minor irrelevant ingame eye candy.

At this point, I would rather pay Ebgames for something I can use straightaway than irrelevant junk.

What are other people's opinions. Will you go for the EB Games or the JB HiFi-Game extras?

I went with EB Games and pre ordered through them. When BF3 first became available for pre-order with the Limited Edition, I knew that by waiting, EB Games would announce the Physical Warfare pack eventually seeing as it was already available to those in the UK. Past history has shown that EB Games has the pull in Australia for pre-orders. EA used them for BC2. Gearbox used them for Duke Nukem. Plus they are generally cheaper than JB HiFi. In this case they are $21 cheaper than JB's with weapon unlocks rather than gimmick items. But I guess it comes down to what your after. I am sure that the bonus weapon unlocks will be available to everyone after so many level ups.
But as EA have shown from BC2, you do get bonus weapons by pre ordering that you can never get by ranking up. But these don't usually provide any specific advantage in game. They are generally similar weapons with different skins like what they did in BF2142 with the scar weapon.

I would have ordered through ozgameshop.com, but I just don't know when they can deliver the game as I have never pre-ordered any game through them before. I don't know if they get the game early and have it delivered close to release date, or whether they send it out on release date, which means you get the game a week later than everyone else.
So I went with EB Games as I know I will have the game on release day with the pre-order bonuses included. It costs a lot more than ozgameshop (nearly twice the cost - ozgameshop are selling the Limited Edition for $46.99 with free delivery), but that is a price I am willing to pay to have the game on release day.:)