The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Battlefield Public Forum (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/battlefield-public-forum/)
-   -   Images of the BF3 Battlelog leaked (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/battlefield-public-forum/374460-images-bf3-battlelog-leaked.html)

Wigman 15th July 2011 09:17 AM

Images of the BF3 Battlelog leaked

Looks very much like the stat aggregators currently out there for BC2. Hopefully this will work better than the BC2 in-game stats!

First Pics Of Battlefield 3′s Battlelog, The FPS Facebook, Sneak Out | Kotaku Australia

Mario9 15th July 2011 02:36 PM

oh lord ... facebook for battlefeild.

C4 16th July 2011 10:24 AM

Looks interesting....

Reoh 16th July 2011 07:33 PM

Great, just what I need. Something to show just how badly I miss. :P

Purg 16th July 2011 07:54 PM

I'd love to see the reaction if they trot out essentially what is the COD Elite subscription service - for free. :p

Reoh 17th July 2011 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purg (Post 3201431)
I'd love to see the reaction if they trot out essentially what is the COD Elite subscription service - for free. :p

I've been wondering exactly that.

Spectre8 18th July 2011 01:16 PM

No big deal or concern here. It's what they've had from third party applications since BF2 first came out. Good info, presented clearly is almost always a good thing.

It does of course give stat-padders something to aim for, but that' just part of Battlefield anyway.

Purg 18th July 2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spectre8 (Post 3202841)
No big deal or concern here. It's what they've had from third party applications since BF2 first came out. Good info, presented clearly is almost always a good thing.

It does of course give stat-padders something to aim for, but that' just part of Battlefield anyway.

That is the downside. While I haven't played Brink to the extent of others, I have noticed more willingness to achieve objectives with no regard to virtual death which was very refreshing.

I had a crack at BC2 yesterday on a Rush map. 3/4 of my team were wookies camped well back, and two of us were trying to sneak in to plant explosives. It was an impossible task. Even the defensive team were getting annoyed that only two of us were attacking and sledging the crap out of us. End of the round, I bailed. Just wasn't any fun.

I'd settle for a kill statistic without a death statistic. The moment they made that a ratio, it was turned into the benchmark that compared your performance against others and unless you compete solely in Team Deathmatch, it's largely arbitrary. I'd rather have a 0.5 beside me attempting to achieve an objective than a 4.0 wookie-ing it up on a hill 1km behind me.

Binary-Ninja 18th July 2011 05:09 PM

Quote:

I had a crack at BC2 yesterday on a Rush map. 3/4 of my team were wookies camped well back, and two of us were trying to sneak in to plant explosives.
BC2 was pretty much like that since it arrived .... had lots of good games but that one factor killed BC2 ...

Reoh 18th July 2011 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purg (Post 3202905)
That is the downside. While I haven't played Brink to the extent of others, I have noticed more willingness to achieve objectives with no regard to virtual death which was very refreshing.

This, so much. I'm objective orientated in my play and Brink rewards me very well for that. Even spending half my round time respawning compared to some that rarely die, because I'm playing "the ball" I usually end up with 2-3 x as much XP.