The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Battlefield Public Forum (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/battlefield-public-forum/)
-   -   Origin and Open Beta Access (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/battlefield-public-forum/377731-origin-open-beta-access.html)

C4 3rd August 2011 12:34 PM

Origin and Open Beta Access

Pre-order Battlefield 3 from Origin for beta access in Sept. | Joystiq

Quote:

While other retailers will hand out early access to Battlefield 3 DLC, Origin's pre-order bonus for Battlefield 3 is early access to ... Battlefield 3. If you buy the PC version of the game through EA's new store -- on any platform, as far as we can tell -- you'll get early access to the Battlefield 3 open beta "when it goes live in September 2011."

You'll also get the Back to Karkand DLC, two exclusive items for Battlefield Play4Free, and, if you buy the PC download version, the Physical Warfare Pack. So you basically get the stuff the other retailers offer in addition to the beta. EA is making a pretty good bribe argument in favor of its new shop, here.
Quote:

Open Beta for Battlefield 3 (Origin Exclusive)

Players who pre-order the game from Origin will be granted early access to the Open Beta for Battlefield 3 when it goes live in September 2011.

Pre-load and Get Ready to Play at Launch

Pre-order the PC Digital version of Battlefield 3 Limited Edition through Origin to preload your game before it launches. Preloading insures means you can play the minute Battlefield 3 releases instead of waiting to install.

I thought it was only a matter of time before they used either the closed or open beta as a carrot for players to purchase on origin.

BishopNZ 3rd August 2011 01:58 PM

man, my CC is taking a hounding this month :)

Purg 3rd August 2011 02:39 PM

It's probably the only efficient way they can gauge proof of purchase - though I'm sure it'll be a day or two before the rest of the world can play without MOH-LE or Origin pre-purchase.

Redgum 5th August 2011 08:49 PM

ok so we get a 48hr head start on the open beta. I will have one for the MOH purchase and one for the Origin purchase. If they are different keys I will throw one to a togger.

daserialkilla 5th August 2011 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redgum (Post 3222309)
ok so we get a 48hr head start on the open beta. I will have one for the MOH purchase and one for the Origin purchase. If they are different keys I will throw one to a togger.

i will put hand up for that

Redgum 5th August 2011 11:15 PM

lol
I should have thought this through....I have 5 private messages already.

Im sure between all of us we can square something away to all that want it. Rule #1 toggers get the goodies first. If you are old enough jump in The Barracks and sign up!!

daserialkilla 6th August 2011 12:56 AM

sweet, i am the 1st response and have already have signed up so that makes me 1st in line right?
promise i wont kill you or at least teabag you :D
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redgum (Post 3222493)
lol
I should have thought this through....I have 5 private messages already.

Im sure between all of us we can square something away to all that want it. Rule #1 toggers get the goodies first. If you are old enough jump in The Barracks and sign up!!

Purg 6th August 2011 09:05 AM

Redgum, was you MOH the limited edition version? I bought the standard version off Steam (which, I'm sure at the time listed that I was eligible to an early Beta of BF3) and apparently I would have already received confirmation via email that I was entitled to early access to the Beta - which I haven't..

Redgum 6th August 2011 12:06 PM

Mine was the limited edition from memory. I havent received any notification from steam, EA or otherwise. I would expect it until a just before the beta release.

Purg 6th August 2011 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redgum (Post 3222907)
Mine was the limited edition from memory. I havent received any notification from steam, EA or otherwise. I would expect it until a just before the beta release.

Rooting around for information about BF3 and trying to squirm into the Alpha, many of those that had the MOH LE edition had commented that they had received a flyer in their registered email's account that had suggested they were entitled to early beta access due to their LE purchase.

That's when I queried my version of MOH and determined it wasn't the LE version. :( Even though it had suggested that a pre-purchase of it would entitle me to early beta. I guess with the falling out of Steam and EA, it\'s been conked on the head - we\'ll find out in a month or so. :D