Old 10th August 2011, 11:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Arma III Little Blue Man
Guru - Post: 12617 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lonely
Default Battlefield 3 Competitive Ladders

CGo Ladder - Open ladder. At the time of writing there were 32 teams already registered. I think it is premature to register any TOG teams yet, however I expect there will be at least three TOG competition squads when the time comes.

CGi League - I think this one is an invitational ladder (no teams yet registered). No further information available yet.

I am thinking it might be nice to create a TOG internal ladder if we have enough interested teams. I'll wait until I've seen the game and game modes before pursuing this further...

Old 11th August 2011, 08:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 2096

Relaxed

IMO - We should have a team ready for competitive ladders, when the ladder opens. It would be a shame to miss the first round of ladder comps because we could not assign people to squads - even if temp squads. Even if we shuffled people later, it would be great to give everyone a chance to be in the first round of ladder comps. I would be a bit put off if we missed first round of comps, because we could not organize beforehand.
Old 11th August 2011, 09:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 7981

Have a chat to 303. As the admin for FPS (and since there is no DC yet) he would be the only one (or the most appropriate one imo) who could authorise an interim comp squad structure under the TOG banner.

Tto comp while under beta has horns all over it. how would you like it if during the comp they dropped all the servers for maintenance or had it so that the orgin (steam wannabe) was taken offline for week to tweak.

Despite that have a chat to 3'oh, dont be put off, just get the ball rolling

Fighting Hell Fish |Division Captain (retired) Brink & BF 2142 | Sig by Ashlann | Brewing up a storm @MooCrkBrew

Redgum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 10:16 AM   #4 (permalink)

Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgum View Post
Tto comp while under beta has horns all over it. how would you like it if during the comp they dropped all the servers for maintenance or had it so that the orgin (steam wannabe) was taken offline for week to tweak.
Agreed - we should wait to first week of non-demo, actual final game release. Just trying to ensure we have a TOG comp team by then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgum View Post
Despite that have a chat to 3'oh, dont be put off, just get the ball rolling
Did try this in another post - "BF3 Squad Name and interest in comp squad" but think we need a DC to make it "official". If I was to actually start a post taking names for a "temp BF3 comp squad" now, I imagine that the DC to be, would not be happy and some TOG admins might black-list this action. So waiting on the official DC.

Last edited by Inglorious Nub; 11th August 2011 at 10:20 AM.
Inglorious Nub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 12:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
bfg
Dangerous - Post: 624

I was disappointed we missed out on the first round of ladders for BC2 due to not having worked out DC's, squad's etc before the game was released and ladders announced.
From memory the BC2 division wasn't moved from the public forum to the battlefield forum until very close to the release date.

If I remember correctly admins didn't want to create the BC2 division and assign DC's and squads because it has the potential to drain resources and players away from games that are still active.

Having said that, I support the idea of having this setup ASAP so we can choose to play in the first round of ladders when they start.
bfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 02:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
CharliOscrDelta

I don't know if this is the right forum to post this, but I'll blunder along like I usually do. I'd hate to think that TOG could miss out on a place on the CG ladder matches, due to late entry. Consequently, would anyone have an objection, to me registering TOG|Tempest as a team?

(Can I actually do that? LOL)
Old 11th August 2011, 02:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1029

Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharliOscrDelta View Post
I don't know if this is the right forum to post this, but I'll blunder along like I usually do. I'd hate to think that TOG could miss out on a place on the CG ladder matches, due to late entry. Consequently, would anyone have an objection, to me registering TOG|Tempest as a team?

(Can I actually do that? LOL)
Something similar was done when bad company 2 came out so I don't imagine it would step on anyone's toes if you did the same. It would however be an unofficial team and once the squads were created this team would have to be removed from the ladder. I think the best way to move forward would be to get the DC assigned, make the squads and create the correct squads in the ladder, not an unofficial team.

You can challenge half way up the ladder each time, so as long as the teams are in the ladder near the beginning of the comp then there wont be too much of an issue in working quickly to the top of the ladder, if that is the squads aim.
T0by1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 03:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 6837

anyone can register a team; going through 303 would be polite, is all

Ganny4Lyf!
Buttersoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 04:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
CharliOscrDelta

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0by1 View Post
Something similar was done when bad company 2 came out so I don't imagine it would step on anyone's toes if you did the same. It would however be an unofficial team and once the squads were created this team would have to be removed from the ladder. I think the best way to move forward would be to get the DC assigned, make the squads and create the correct squads in the ladder, not an unofficial team.

You can challenge half way up the ladder each time, so as long as the teams are in the ladder near the beginning of the comp then there wont be too much of an issue in working quickly to the top of the ladder, if that is the squads aim.
If this is the case, then we should appoint the DC now and form the teams.
It's better to start as high on the ladder as possible, rather than trying to work your way up challenging teams that are an unknown quantity.

Even if the teams filter downwards, the experience gained will count towards the long term.

Is a newbie like me able to just start up a conversation with 303?
Old 11th August 2011, 04:18 PM   #10 (permalink)

Relaxed

I just PM 303, asking if we can setup temp teams.

But agree, a DC and official teams would be better, if possible to manage before comp start dates.