Old 1st September 2011, 09:32 AM   #11 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 437

Twisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanmaT View Post
Also how long is it gonna take when everyone downloads at the same time ???
Not sure, probably a very long time unless you get in early. Im looking forward to the Beta, but not the download.

ShayneOS is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 1st September 2011, 10:05 AM   #12 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 2427

Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purg View Post
You get to play 2 days before anyone else with a PC and a broadband connection. Everyone will be able to grab the beta in September, just pre-orders from Origin and MOHLE gamers will get it 2 days earlier.
Ok but everyone is talking about playing Beta end of Sept . The release date is not till end of Oct ? I pre ordered mine from EB Games ?
HanmaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2011, 10:16 AM   #13 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 7217

Paranoid

Quote:
Ok but everyone is talking about playing Beta end of Sept . The release date is not till end of Oct ? I pre ordered mine from EB Games ?
Misread - sorry.

No difference in release date for pre-order Origin and retail. In fact, if you jagged a retail a day earlier, you could probably play it before Origin unlocks those that downloaded from their service. I don't know if EA use the same sort of unlock that Steam use.

I confused it with Beta access which is released this month. Pre-order Origin and MOH-LE get to play the Beta 2 days earlier than anyone else.
Purg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2011, 10:29 AM   #14 (permalink)

Tired

Quote:
Misread - sorry.

No difference in release date for pre-order Origin and retail. In fact, if you jagged a retail a day earlier, you could probably play it before Origin unlocks those that downloaded from their service. I don't know if EA use the same sort of unlock that Steam use.

I confused it with Beta access which is released this month. Pre-order Origin and MOH-LE get to play the Beta 2 days earlier than anyone else.
Oh righty then , so no one will be playing before me except the 48hrs for the MOHLE crowd ? so I assume everyone gets the copy sent on the 27th OCT ? or do we get it earlier ?
Old 1st September 2011, 10:57 AM   #15 (permalink)

Paranoid

Quote:
Oh righty then , so no one will be playing before me except the 48hrs for the MOHLE crowd ? so I assume everyone gets the copy sent on the 27th OCT ? or do we get it earlier ?
There appears to be no bias on the final release date. Whether you get it from bricks and mortar or from Origin, it's available on the same date.
Old 1st September 2011, 11:30 AM   #16 (permalink)

Tired

Quote:
There appears to be no bias on the final release date. Whether you get it from bricks and mortar or from Origin, it's available on the same date.
You Beauty !
Old 1st September 2011, 01:55 PM   #17 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 988

Shocked

I still want this digital however no one is confirming if it will be available for preload on origin. I do not want to wait 24 hours to download something everyone else is. We have seen what happens with steam and that just turns to shite.

If we got a problem, we can solve it, we just lock the thread, whilst we refuse to solve it.
Penthrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2011, 02:21 PM   #18 (permalink)

Paranoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penthrox View Post
I still want this digital however no one is confirming if it will be available for preload on origin. I do not want to wait 24 hours to download something everyone else is. We have seen what happens with steam and that just turns to shite.
History suggests yes.

Put it this way, the service obviously supports the technology and pre-loads have been offered on there on numerous titles I've seen including one I own. If they didn't allow pre-loads for a title so massive, they'd lose a lot of potential customers on a service that's obviously trying to expand.
Old 1st September 2011, 02:25 PM   #19 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 437

Twisted

From what I have read (was on the EA or Battlefield site), once you have downloaded the Beta, you will not need to have to download again for the final - there will probably be some file updates but not the whole shebang.

ShayneOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2011, 02:29 PM   #20 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 988

Shocked

Quote:
History suggests yes.

Put it this way, the service obviously supports the technology and pre-loads have been offered on there on numerous titles I've seen including one I own. If they didn't allow pre-loads for a title so massive, they'd lose a lot of potential customers on a service that's obviously trying to expand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShayneOS View Post
From what I have read (was on the EA or Battlefield site), once you have downloaded the Beta, you will not need to have to download again for the final - there will probably be some file updates but not the whole shebang.

I might bite the bullet and just grab it. I am concerned the second I do, STEAM will release it

If we got a problem, we can solve it, we just lock the thread, whilst we refuse to solve it.
Penthrox is offline   Reply With Quote