Old 21st September 2011, 12:37 AM   #41 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 7203

Paranoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4 View Post
Hmm, the open beta ends on the 10th of Oct 11.
I'll probably only play it for a couple of days, I don't want to burn out on the map like I did with BC2's beta. Get a feel of it then wait for the release.
Purg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 21st September 2011, 05:01 PM   #42 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 929

Hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purg View Post
I'll probably only play it for a couple of days, I don't want to burn out on the map like I did with BC2's beta. Get a feel of it then wait for the release.

Ha yeah, or like Gulf of Omen from BF2... played that map so many times when it was demo that I ended up really hating it when the game released...

But knowing me, I'll play the arse off it like I did back then cause it was better than not playing

"A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon." - Napoleon Bonaparte
Rica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2011, 03:43 AM   #43 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 2833

Aggressive

beta downloading now....

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

The hotter the battle the sweeter the victory. - Bob Marley
Crotador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2011, 02:45 PM   #44 (permalink)
Average - Post: 163

Was playing it last night. Definitely going to be a fn awesome game. I have a few issues though. Enemy is hard to see. Weapons more overpowered than BFBC Vietnam and my prone wouldnt work lol. Definitely a snipers game as far as I'm seeing at this point.
Old 29th September 2011, 03:15 PM   #45 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 7203

Paranoid

Playing the Caspian Border map, snipers appear to be a lot less of an issue on the 3 games I've played. Normally I'm felled by a sniper at least 50% of the time on the rush map, only 1 sniper has tagged me on the conquest map.
Purg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2011, 06:23 PM   #46 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 929

Hot

Conquest is the only way this game should be played

"A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon." - Napoleon Bonaparte
Rica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2011, 05:47 PM   #47 (permalink)
Average - Post: 163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purg View Post
Playing the Caspian Border map, snipers appear to be a lot less of an issue on the 3 games I've played. Normally I'm felled by a sniper at least 50% of the time on the rush map, only 1 sniper has tagged me on the conquest map.
Great I was afraid it might get sniper heavy, might of just been who I was playing with
Old 2nd October 2011, 08:10 PM   #48 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 40

Buzzed

Any one know how jets are refuelled / rearmed on BF3?

Is it similar to BF2?
Pirki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2011, 08:46 PM   #49 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1063

Lurking

I have played BF3 the last two nights, Need to say ATM I suck big time its the first time I have played any of the BF games, my best score was 14 kills and 5 deaths but all the other games have been the other way around lol, Its a big change after playing Combat Arms for the last 3 years but I think I will get used to it .MMM I do like the long range sniping (me being a long time cammper LOL) So hope to see a few of you Guys and Gals in game soon (thats if you want a few easy kills ) but i hope you go easy on me
Old 11th October 2011, 02:56 PM   #50 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 285

Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirki View Post
Any one know how jets are refuelled / rearmed on BF3?

Is it similar to BF2?
As far as i know there is no fuel system.
Also no limited ammo. You fire your shots, wait for a bit and they magically reappear.
Gun is unlimited ammo, but can over heat, while Heatseekers(a2a missiles) have 2 missiles(enough to bring an enemy jet to about 60% if hit with both at full health) that you can fire before reloading. Reloading is unlimited and takes about 10 sec(although it feels like 10min).

They also auto repair after a while, doing so faster over the runway. There seems to be some sort of combat system in place because you do not seem to repair, even over the runway, if you have an enemy jet on you.

you also cannot rightclick to fire your missiles, you have to hit 2 to switch to them, and 1 to switch back to gun.

Last edited by Anivex; 11th October 2011 at 02:59 PM.
Anivex is offline   Reply With Quote