Old 6th September 2011, 07:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 39

Chatty
Default OPEN BETA RELEASE DATE

Hello is it true that the bf3 open beta is released on 11th september, and were can we download it.
hemoriods is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 6th September 2011, 08:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 3589

I heard the 12th............

Maybe the 11th is the US release....

All rumours at this stage

Don't Get Bitter, Get Better
=ProtoType= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2011, 08:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Leevers

I've heard the 4th, 11th, 12th.... I'm over getting worked up about rumours
They sure are keeping this one tight lipped
Old 6th September 2011, 08:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 929

Hot

That's sweet if if it's the 11th/12th. I get back home on the 10th so I'll be ready for it

"A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon." - Napoleon Bonaparte
Rica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2011, 10:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Retired Captain
C4
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5346

Breezy

Battlefield 3 beta ? “Hundreds” of changes from alpha, day one patches likely | VG247
Quote:
Battlefield 3 beta – “Hundreds” of changes from alpha, day one patches likely

In regards to the Battlefield 3 beta, the billion dollar question is “when”.
Speaking in a roundtable interview in Sweden last week, game dev head Patrick Bach was coy when pressed on a specific date.
“Soon,” he said.
A fellow DICE staffer added: “Well, we’ve said September, so it’ll be soon.”
Bach then said: “Before the game ships,” before his teammate said, “Sometime between now and the end of September.”
The final game itself releases on October 25.
Bach went on to say the alpha and imminent beta are working tests, and are very much affecting the end product.
“There were plenty of complaints, of course,” he said in answer to VG247 reader Colin Gallacher, who asked whether or not feedback from the alpha had impacted the shooter.
“There were some things we found out that we wanted to change based on the alpha; quite a lot, actually,” he said.
“Everything from gun-balancing to the placement of the objectives on the Rush map; we actually moved them around based on [the fact] that the first base was quite hard to take. We are still moving things around on that map to utilise feedback from the alpha.
“That’s why we’re doing it. It’s not to market the game, it’s actually to test it in a proper way. There are hundreds of things that we’ve changed since the alpha.

Bach talking on the changes being made based
on the beta. VG247 Colin Gallacher is asking
the question.

“Again, to the beta question, we are releasing the beta before the game and we are actually changing stuff based on that before we ship the game, even though you could argue that that’s very late close to the ship of the game, we will still have time to do, for instance, day one patches and changes to the Battlelog that will actually be game-changing.”
Bach was speaking during a trip to DICE last week by VG247, RPS and Eurogamer.
As to what to expect from the beta itself, DICE has been noncommittal up to this point. You’ll get a map, obviously, but it’s unknown if there’ll be more than one.
As the BF3Blog guesses, it’s likely to be a larger level so all modes of combat can be tested, and it’s expected the beta will go live for all platforms: PC, 360 and PS3.
C4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2011, 03:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 2678

Lightbulb

Hi Guys,

I'm not sure how many of you were in the closed / open beta of "Battlefield: Bad Company 2"?

We only access to the one map and in the than new Rush game mode. So if EA / DICE includes more than one game mode it'll be an improvement beyond that of the BC2 beta period. They'll probably stick to the one map rule in beta testing in my opinion. So not to over expose the game maps before retail.

Atrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2011, 09:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Squad Officer
Squad Officer
Battlefield 3
Deadly - Post: 2439

Devilish

Plus it makes for a much smaller download.
bigtabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2011, 12:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 988

Shocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtabs View Post
Plus it makes for a much smaller download.
There is a quote somewhere saying that the BETA will be close to full release size and just a patch across to unlock the full game.

If we got a problem, we can solve it, we just lock the thread, whilst we refuse to solve it.
Penthrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2011, 12:40 AM   #9 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1241

Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penthrox View Post
There is a quote somewhere saying that the BETA will be close to full release size and just a patch across to unlock the full game.
Heard that too.

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage
, rage against the dying of the light.
Rage032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2011, 12:53 AM   #10 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 437

Twisted

I found this hidden away,

Quote:
Pre-load and Get Ready to Play at Launch
Pre-order the PC Digital version of Battlefield 3 Limited Edition through Origin to preload your game before it launches. Preloading insures means you can play the minute Battlefield 3 releases instead of waiting to install.

Last edited by ShayneOS; 8th September 2011 at 01:10 AM.
ShayneOS is offline   Reply With Quote