The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Battlefield Public Forum (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/battlefield-public-forum/)
-   -   Can I ask some noob questions, please (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/battlefield-public-forum/427516-can-i-ask-some-noob-questions-please.html)

BBBaz 18th April 2012 04:57 PM

Can I ask some noob questions, please

Guys, I have been searching through the forums for answers to these, I haven't found what I need to know so I'm going to put these out there (and yes, I may be a moron, but not knowing is killing me, literally).
In no particular order.... 1. How do you choose your rifle loadout (suppressor, heavy barrel, etc)... or are they preset until you reach a certain rank? I can't seem to find where to choose them, they just seem to be assigned beforehand and not able to be modified.
2. How do you fire the guided shells in the tank? I have the unlock, I have had a guy in the third seat spot a target, can't work out how to get one off.
3. Same question about TV missiles in heli... worked hard to get the unlock, still just seem to be using the "wait for a lock" missiles on vehicles... was waiting ages and blew up many a chopper to get them, can't use them... AAAARGGGHH.
Is it because I need to rank up more? I have the service stars and full unlocks for both heli and tank, but am only rank 40 "Louie" is this why?

SJ777 18th April 2012 05:12 PM

hi there

1. At the same screen where you slect DEPLOY, there should be CUSTOMISE up the top. That will take you to the loadout customisation screen. You need to have unlocked the attachment before you can equip it.
2. You have to equip the GUIDED SHELL via the same process as 1 above. When you are in the tank and have equipped it, it will be your secondary tank weapon. Switch to it (Right mouse button for me) and you will see you HUD cross hairs change from the normal shell to something different
3. sames as 2 but you have to be a gunner to use the TV guided missle.

you have to rank up to unlock things, once unlocked most things need to be equipped and then switched to. Note that tank GUIDED SHELL can only lock ground targets unless the traget is being laser designated by 2rd seat or soflam in which case gorund or air locks are possible.

BBBaz 18th April 2012 05:20 PM

Thanks for the help

Thanks for your quick reply, I figured it may have been something like that, but still could not find where to customise. I'll look a little harder when I jump back onto the game later. Cheers.

SJ777 18th April 2012 06:37 PM

this may assist:

BBBaz 19th April 2012 02:33 PM

I am a moron, but a more dangerous one.

Thanks, I found the menu once I knew where to look, and after facepalming myself a few times for missing it for so long, have managed to change my loadout.