TOG Latest

Chris Roberts Recognises the Star Cit...

The rising interest in Star Citizen in TOG has gai...

Warthunder heard throughout TOG

The sounds of Warthunder is being heard throughout TOG

Dota 2 Release

DOTA2 Released.

Planetside 2 Release 20-Nov-2012 PST

The long awaited and critically acclaimed PlanetSi...

Division Latest

TOG MindCrack - Mining, Machines, Mag...

TOG's MindCrack Minecraft server offers all that's...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Machines and magic in Minecraft - 'Fe...

Over the vacation period, a "Feed The Beast" Mod p...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Old 30th December 2012, 05:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 7

Dead
Post [PC] Seeking squadmates.

To preface my request with a bit of backstory - I just recently joined TOG, in anticipation of returning from a deployment in Afghanistan (where I'm currently located) with the U.S. Army. If things go as planned, I should be back stateside sometime in the near future (not allowed to discuss any specific timeline, of course). So I'm wanting to get the ball rolling from where I left off right as soon as I get home.

That said, most of my online buddies have long ago stopped playing BF3. I've continued to dabble in it (especially the Return the Karkand expansion) over time, but not as much as I'd like. If I can get a group of people who actively play to roll with I'd get into it more often (With BF3, Blacklight and TF2 meeting all my FPS needs).

If anyone is interested, I enjoy playing a lot of conquest on the return the karkand maps, especially infantry only on strike at karkand. I play a lot of assault, and usually play fairly aggressively - going for flanks and point captures. When not playing infantry only alternate between doing the same thing - except using light vehicles to get around faster - or trying to pair up with a recon while in a tank to counter enemy vehicles with guided shells (assuming they haven't been nerfed since I've been gone).

Just message me on here or on Steam ( Steam Community :: ID :: Starwind ) if you think you might need a player like me.
Starwind87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 9th January 2013, 05:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Great bloke .....but
Lethal - Post: 5519 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Sad

Hi Star have passed this on to the right people. Cheers and good luck with your new squadies. Cammo.

RIP ViperX
CAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2013, 08:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5866 TOG Silver Level Supporter

Tired

Hi Starwind, and welcome to TOG.

Loads of us still play BF3.

The biggest contingent we have is Aus/NZ, followed by Europe, and then a small number of North American TOGgers. What time of day do you end playing BF3? That will probably decide which TOGgers are online.

By all means come and join any of us TOGgers if we happen to be online when you log in, we (the Euros) obviously play mainly on European servers, but we do play on U.S. servers too and they are more than playable to us.

Post up in this forum and we will get you added to the division player register and apply to join The Old Buzzards in Battlelog

Please send me a friend request in Battlelog (my soldier name is exactly the same as my forum name (including the underscore) Jakob_Pavlov), that way you'll see where we are playing if you happen to log in early.

Last but not least, get on to Teamspeak if you can; it will make games more fun, easier, and is the best way to link up with other TOGgers. Teamspeak details are linked to in this thread.

Hope to see you on the Battlefield,
Pav

P.S. Please feel free to PM me if you need any help.

P.P.S! You'll find that most of the posting regarding BF3 goes on in this forum.

"Jakob_Pavlov is a known issue and will be dealt with in the next patch." - bigtabs

Last edited by Jakob_Pavlov; 10th January 2013 at 08:14 AM.
Jakob_Pavlov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2013, 10:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 308

Bashful

Welcome Starwind

They're plenty of TOGgers in BF3...come on in and get chatty in Team speak 3 and before you know it, you would have populated the friend list....
welcome again..and enjoy soldier...

GavsteR
GavsteR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2013, 03:54 AM   #5 (permalink)

Dead

Thanks for the replies, and sorry for the delay. Limited interwebs available here. However, it's looking quite promising for the "soon" timeframe to come back to the states to happen, and possibly even sooner than I originally thought.

I'll post up my application in the BF3 new recruit section, and I'll add people in battlelog once I'm stateside (MWR internet blocks battlelog). I'll also (most likely) not be able to get onto teamspeak until I'm back stateside either - can't install it on MWR computers, and the wifi available for laptops is epicly slow.

While I'm obviously a North American player, I've played with Euro's for several other games (AvP2, Counter-Strike, CoD4, etc) so I have no problem with it and I'm even kind of accustomed to the latency issues. My play times will mostly be from around 4pm CST until as late as midnight some nights, and whenever I feel like waking up until I feel like going to sleep on weekends that I don't have anything else to do.
Old 13th January 2013, 09:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5866 TOG Silver Level Supporter

Tired

Sounds good Starwind.

I look forward to playing with you.

Pav

P.S. MWR?

"Jakob_Pavlov is a known issue and will be dealt with in the next patch." - bigtabs
Jakob_Pavlov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2013, 04:50 PM   #7 (permalink)

Dead

Morale, Wellfare, and Recreation. Free computers/phones, and TV's, pool tables, impromptu movie theatres and etc at bigger ones.