Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > Blogs > Talera

Rate this Entry

Talera vs Option C

Posted 13th November 2010 at 04:49 PM by Talera

So I have been quiet this week. There has been a reason, I have been dealing with Option C.

I haven't been of full health lately. I went to the Doctor and as per usual they have to do tests to be sure of what it is. It could be Option A which just means I have to do either short term or long term medication, but other than that things will be fine. Option B is more serious, requiring surgery, but said surgery is keyhole done as a day operation and then it's all over. Both of these options have pros and cons. I could deal with either of these and relief was starting to wash over me when the Doctor says 'of course it could be Option C'.

Option C is not good and has people who know what that Option is freaking out on my behalf. Of course they can't test for Option C straight up. No they want to rule out A or B before looking at C. Gee thanks, prolong my concerns and waiting time before I get my all clear.

I know Doctors have to advise of all risks, potential bad outcomes and so on. I know they have to prepare us for the worst while trying to encourage us to remain optimistic. I get that and don't have a problem. What I don't understand is when one simple test can rule out Option C, why not do it when testing for A or B and stop freaking me out waiting to find out what is going on. Maybe a Doctor is reading this and can let me know. If testing for Option C was overly invasive or expensive then yeah I would wait, but it's as simple as testing for A and B.

So since I posted about my ordeal with the Walking Dead, I have been dealing with my shell shock and fretting about what could be going on with me. I'm not writing this for well wishes comments or anything like that. I'm just venting about how frustrating it is to be told to wait for something like the answer when they could do the test and give me one within 24 hours. Currently it has been almost 72 hours. My tests to determine if it's A or B don't happen for another 72 at best. Then wait for those results. Then get referral for test C if required. I'll be waiting almost 10 times as long (maybe longer) than I would by giving me the referral for test C in the first place.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 556 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments

 

All times are GMT +11. The time now is 11:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0