In Combat Sniping
Posted 31st March 2010 at 05:21 PM by Tilce
Updated 9th June 2010 at 09:19 PM by Tilce
After reading a few posts from Drae, I wanted to trial the idea of a sniper who worked in combat. Looking very hard at it from the perspective of being a formidable opponent in Ladder Matches.
After a week of intense work I've come to the realization that the in Combat Sniper just doesn't offer the possibilities of a medic. I know I know it's a different class. BUT...
In direct relation to keeping tickets and killing quickly I really think that the medic option is a better way to go.
1. Medics can heal themselves and mates.
2. Medics can easily kill as quick at distance with the m60
3. Recon assault demo's are near useless unless defending.
4. Mortars are useless against coming up against infantry and tank drivers who don't know how to move.
5. The in combat guns semi and automatic just don't offer the punch up close that is needed and are too awkward up close to be realistically usable.
6. Motion sensor doesn't last long enough to be useful - especially when not playing with an assault mate.
I will keep working on this... as I think it is a much needed area in Ladder games. The possibilities are great but I think only if they are worked in with a workable squad. ie. medic engi assault and recon working together - but each would need to be proficient at each.