The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Call of Duty Public Forum (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/call-duty-public-forum/)
-   -   Why BO2 set in the future? Answered! (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/call-duty-public-forum/431575-why-bo2-set-future-answered.html)

Venidici 10th May 2012 02:20 PM

Why BO2 set in the future? Answered!

As you can see, they are ramping our interest now. Gotta say....Im interested :_)

BTW, what the HELL?!?!!? Was that a sticky bomb climbing a wall by itself? FARRRROUT!!

Nasuul 11th May 2012 08:27 AM

Creepy ass scenario.

And yes i do believe that was a motorised full hoodrepping streetlapping wallclimbing semtex grenade....

o_0

...mummy...

Venidici 11th May 2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nasuul (Post 3524016)
Creepy ass scenario.

And yes i do believe that was a motorised full hoodrepping streetlapping wallclimbing semtex grenade....

o_0

...mummy...

Funny, hahahaha!

Welcome to TOG mate!!! I see you joined yesterday. Seeing your post in this forum I imagine that youre an ol' COD player?

Purg 11th May 2012 12:41 PM

IRONMAN!!!

SJ777 11th May 2012 01:35 PM

real answer: everyone else has done future war except us - so its about time we did;)

XCEL8-2-50+ 13th May 2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJ777 (Post 3524264)
real answer: everyone else has done future war except us - so its about time we did;)

is that the meaning of "Avengers":eek:

Drac 13th May 2012 11:33 PM

They could have saved a whole 2:00 mins and simply put up a 2 second video saying "We wanted to beat DICE to the pie again."

Shirocco 15th May 2012 06:43 PM

lol

Well, there is some exciting stuff they can run with, it's true... but... well.

Korean war? Too sensitive. Technically, it never ended.
WW1? Too hard to sell. Americans were a very minor player in it, and they make up the biggest slice of the market.
WW2 again? Unimaginative. It's been overdone; too soon for another one.
Modern day? Conflicts too directly with the MW series.
Far future? Far fetched, out of touch with the COD series itself.

They prolly spent a long time throwing darts on the board in the design office trying to come up with other ideas, and frankly... got nudda.

The next COD game is going to rehash an old war they've done before through sheer lack of alternatives - probably WW2. That's my guess.

SJ777 16th May 2012 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shirocco (Post 3528198)
They prolly spent a long time throwing darts on the board in the design office trying to come up with other ideas, and frankly... got nudda.

i dont mind a future war idea but not a "near" future war. It needs to be futuristic - like 2142, Frontlines Fuel of War, Section8, Tribes. Go the whole hog. If you not going there then at least change the engine. Give us new "amazing visuals" and destruction. Not incremental changes. But of course all that costs money and what Activision have here is a cash cow they're milking for everything they can while they can.

Juganort 16th May 2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shirocco (Post 3528198)

Korean war? Too sensitive. Technically, it never ended.
WW1? Too hard to sell. Americans were a very minor player in it, and they make up the biggest slice of the market.
WW2 again? Unimaginative. It's been overdone; too soon for another one.
Modern day? Conflicts too directly with the MW series.
Far future? Far fetched, out of touch with the COD series itself.

I think your probably right there, besides near future or distant future where else could they go this time around? I think future Call of Duty games with be shaped by the 'make' or 'break' of Black Ops 2. If its crap then developers will be too scared to take Call of Duty into the future again.