TOG Latest

Chris Roberts Recognises the Star Cit...

The rising interest in Star Citizen in TOG has gai...

Warthunder heard throughout TOG

The sounds of Warthunder is being heard throughout TOG

Dota 2 Release

DOTA2 Released.

Planetside 2 Release 20-Nov-2012 PST

The long awaited and critically acclaimed PlanetSi...

Division Latest

TOG MindCrack - Mining, Machines, Mag...

TOG's MindCrack Minecraft server offers all that's...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Machines and magic in Minecraft - 'Fe...

Over the vacation period, a "Feed The Beast" Mod p...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Old 28th May 2012, 10:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 3348

Default BO 2 Has dedicated team for PC platform

Still no confirmation on dedicated servers but surely with Treyarch's reputation, and the fact they have this so called dedicated team working on the PC platform its looking good.

Quote:
E3 is just around the corner and we can – hopefully – expect more news about the PC version of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. Although Treyarch has not revealed anything ground-breaking yet, despite the DX11 support, we are happy to report today that the PC version of Black Ops 2 won’t be a simple port from the console version, as a dedicated PC team is working on it.

When a fan asked whether PC gamers would be getting a console port of Black Ops 2, Treyarch’s director of technology, Cesar Stastny, responded and said that wasn’t the case:

“pc version is developed by a dedicated pc team simultaneously with the other platforms”

In addition, Stastny reassured fans that the game is built from the ground up to catch cheaters. It’s pretty obvious that Treyarch is trying to limit the amount of cheaters, something that plagued every COD and Battlefield game. And even though fans are not sure whether they should trust Treyarch or not, Stastny said that they are trying to improve their ability to detect and ban:

“Every popular pc title is hacked upon release. We are improving our ability to detect and ban based on lessons learned on blackops.”

As said, we might have some more news about the PC version of Black Ops 2 in the coming days, so stay tuned for more!
Source

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoKharma View Post
God that C4 is annoying
Juganort is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 28th May 2012, 12:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Who am I
Call of Duty & Titanfall
Deadly - Post: 1432

Lurking

COME on E3 show us what you got!! Well hope they show more... Bee Oh two!! BEE OH TWO!!
Old 28th May 2012, 02:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1921

Twisted

Cheers Jugs for the post.

Few queries:
Wasnt BO1 ported?
They say BO2 is using same engine as BO1 so how can they claim its UNported?
"We are happy to report today that the PC version of Black Ops 2 won’t be a simple port from the console" so is all they are saying here is that its going to be difficult as opposed to 'simple'?
So when they say "PC version" i wonder what version they really mean!?!?!

In all thats fair and just i think they should come out with all the details seeing as people are already buying it. I only hope they dont release all the details about all the things relevant to us 2 days before release like they did with MW3

I know i shouldnt get upset as its 5 months to go but i hope this working-it-out( for us) process gets quelled with good info from the source, the developers upwards.

Last edited by Venidici; 28th May 2012 at 02:45 PM.
Venidici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2012, 04:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 1950

Innocent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juganort View Post
Stastny reassured fans that the game is built from the ground up to catch cheaters.
I dont care about Vac or cheat protection at all , there is always a way around that stuff, all we need are ranked servers so we can deal with cheats ourselves , with enough server rcons they wont be on for long
NoKharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2012, 01:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Who am I
Call of Duty & Titanfall

Lurking

Ven the engine doesnt hasnt got anything to do with ported. The engine is the rendering of the graphics, physics, sound, animation and things like that. Like the unreal engine its used on all game machines (xbox ps3 pc). It might use the same engine but it also has been tweaked up.

E3 is only around the corner which they will release some more info, also the COD expo will be in a few months which they will release a lot more info.

I have faith in treyarch and believe they will have ranked dedicated servers. This is a company who listens to the PC community.

oh also still havent seen xbox on their advertising so DLC will be out the same time as everyone else.

Plus i think they might be hitting us with Elite 2.0 If so DLC will be cheaper for us for once
Old 4th June 2012, 02:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1921

Twisted

Cheers Pez :_)
Venidici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2012, 01:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Who am I
Call of Duty & Titanfall

Lurking

Little more info on the microsoft stuff... if the Microsoft conference ends without any Call of Duty exclusivity announcement, then oh yeah no xbox getting stuff before us. So keep looking for the call of duty announcements.